Ready to make a global impact? We offer that
Investment in your leadership career? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting an Automation Lead to join our diverse Engineering team in Westport, Co. Mayo.
In this new role you will be responsible for leading a team supporting the 24/7 operations across the manufacturing BUs (Business Units) and to evaluate key automation process improvements to improve the equipment robustness and reliability.
Reporting to Assoc. Director for Automation, you will manage the Automation Engineers in each BU and assign/manage automation improvement projects in each area.
Intrigued? So let’s tell you a little more about this role…just a snapshot
- You will lead, coach, mentor and develop a team of automation engineers to ensure the business needs for equipment uptime and OEE is maintained
- Evaluate process improvements and initiate projects to improve the reliability or process
- Be the key point of contact onsite for Automation related issues
- Assign key SMEs within the group to best support the issues in manufacturing and packaging
- Define a yearly Rota for off shift and weekend support
- Escalate complex issues to the Associate Director of Automation to get additional support from PLC and SCADA SMEs within the group
- Assign automation improvement projects within the team and manage/track progress to meet agreed schedules
- Support Capital project requests for automation support, if required.
- Support cost savings initiatives onsite and within the engineering team
- Support any safety or quality initiatives that required automation support
- Work closely with the BTS group to address issues
- Support the development and training of the Automation Engineers
- Support and DI (Data Integrity) issues that arise within the BUs.
So does this role sound exciting? then read on...
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Education and Experience:
- 3rd level degree in mechatronics or engineering or similar discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Batch processing operations in an FDA/ HPRA regulated industry. A strong knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements relating to the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role
- An excellent knowledge of control systems methodology is required for this role
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in configuring control systems in a batch manufacturing environment
- Excellent people management and conflict handling skills
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then join AbbVie!
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.