Want to make a global impact? We offer that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are recruiting Process Scientist (2 year contract) to join our diverse team in Cork. Process Scientist supports all aspects of a product life cycle from development through to commercial manufacturing. This role will involve working within the Site technology team and will require the following activities:
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
- Support and lead new product introductions in to the development and commercial facilities.
- Process support, trouble shooting and optimisation of commercial products.
- Support new material qualification activities onsite.
- Support the various Site Technology functions including development facility and Site Technology Analytical Laboratory.
- Support all aspects of a product life cycle, including development, registration, clinical and commercial manufacture.
- Support validation activities onsite.
- Support the Site Technology department in meeting departmental and site KPIs.
- Work collaboratively and cross functionally with Quality, EHS, Production, Supply Chain and Finance to ensure site deliverables and commitments are met
So, what do you need to do this role?
- 2rd level technical qualification (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering) to degree level desirable
- 3 + years’ experience within a GMP manufacturing environment i.e. Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Food (exceptions may be made for candidates with suitable academic qualifications).
- Two or more years' experience within a GMP manufacturing environment i.e. Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Food
- Good organizational and time management skills MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Strong knowledge of GMP activities.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working without supervision.
So, are you ready to join our team?
Apply today! It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.