Performs and directs research in areas of expertise and supports professional development of R&D colleagues. Independently conceive, execute, and communicate novel multi-disciplinary research or development strategies that achieve project and area goals. Serve as a lead scientist on his/her own project and contribute scientific insights into multiple other projects.
Effectively function as a principal investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
Demonstrate creative out of the box thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
Independently responsible for project science within his/her area of expertise on one or more project teams.
Make significant contributions to project team through lab based, computer simulation, or other work environments, activities.
Generate new scientific proposals and lead those efforts.
Anticipate and critically evaluate scientific or regulatory advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
Primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
Present at external scientific conferences.
Support training of clinical, regulatory, medical science teams in areas of expertise and project needs.
Support regulatory filings with technical evaluations, interpretation of literature, computer simulation, and reports.
Extensive collaboration with internal and external researchers and investigators.
BS or equivalent education and extensive, typically 14+ years of experience; MS or equivalent education with typically 12+ years of experience; PhD with typically 6+ years of experience in area or scientific area of discipline.
Demonstrated ability to function as a principal investigator, generating original technical ideas and research or development strategies.
Experience using FEA simulation tools such as COMSOL or ANSIS on macro and micro scale structures.
Have a thorough understanding of skin anatomy and structure, including cellular and extracellular domains.
Familiar with acoustic, light, RF, and thermal energy transfer, flow, and deposition is tissue.
Familiar with tissue processing and analytical laboratory methods including microscopy, DSC, cell culture, histology, IHC, RNA-seq, and mechanical methods.
Experienced and demonstrated success as primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
Demonstrated scientific communication skills by presenting at scientific conferences.
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 110,500 to maximum: $ 216,000)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.