Supports production and packaging departments by performing tasks associated with issuing and transporting materials required for the production and packaging of pharmaceutical products. Coordinates the flow of supplies, filters, and/or raw materials from the warehouse storage areas to appropriate production and packaging areas, and finished product to storage areas.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Maintain a clean and organized work area during and at the end of each shift.
- Assist in achieving environmental, health, and safety goals by working safely and observing all general plant and department safety policies.
- Perform all assigned duties according to departmental SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Remain current on proper procedures by reviewing current, revised, and new SOP’s relating to the job and to the department.
- Complete and remain current with all required cGMP and safety training.
- Perform tasks in production / packaging areas to contribute to the on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Complete all required documentation associated with the production, packaging, and or transport of product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.
Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA, European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and ADA.
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate.
Education and Experience:
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- Basic user knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
- Effective and efficient operation of manual and automated production equipment.
- Ability to use, clean, and store tools and other devices required for the performance of the job in a manner which prevents damage to the tools and / or equipment.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.