The Receivables Specialist II reports to the Credit and Collection Manager and will manage the accounts receivable of several customer accounts. This position will review data using system-generated reports and perform timely, accurate and complete account reviews, collections activities and account maintenance for assigned accounts.
- With limited direction from team Leader and minimal guidance necessary by manager, perform order releases on a timely basis and in a manner that protects AbbVie assets. Identify root causes of complex payment issues and trends. Assist Team Leader in preparation of compelling data presentations that efficiently communicate these trends to Manager or Team Leader.
- Requires high degree of communicative ability due to multi-functional challenges, including but not limited to: Contributes to a strong degree in department & selected cross-functional process improvement teams. Participation on interdepartmental teams with periodic review from Team Leader or Manager. Customer relationship management (both internal & external). Ability to train new employees lead AR presentations for other area requesting AR representation for new employee indoctrinations.
- Operates independently within defined scope of responsibility with minimal supervision. Interacts independently with internal and external employees and customers routinely (i.e. Sales, Contract Marketing and Customer Service, Customers, etc.) at peer, supervisory or management levels.
- Responsible for collection activities requiring the resolution of, past due invoices, unearned discounts, disputes & etc. for assigned set of customers. Driving short-term and long-term cash flow, limiting Risk & Bad debt expense and driving down DSO.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable policies and procedures with the ability to help define, document and implement new processes to improve task efficiency.
- Failure to achieve results may result in adverse impact on customer relationships or loss of limited cash flow to AbbVie.
- Effectively utilize and maintain AbbVie information systems as needed in the analysis and resolution of customer issues (including SAP, BW, Microsoft Office and various other systems).
- The Senior Specialist will carry larger, more challenging groups of customers and/or have other specialized duties compared to a Specialist. They require a larger knowledge base of collection activities and proven results within the AbbVie behavioral competencies.
- High school graduation required.
- At least 3 years of experience in AbbVie's Accounting, Finance, Receivables, Customer Service or relevant business environment. Less than three years of experience may be acceptable with a bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business management. Previous experience using SAP and advanced Excel skills are strongly preferred.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Önemli İş Faaliyetleri: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Meslek türü: Experienced