As a Network discipline expert and contact, drives functional performance by designing and implementing business technology solutions aimed at enabling and accelerating delivery of new or improved products. Technical leader acting at group, department, and cross‐functional levels. Responsible for managing the Network Technology architectures and tying them to the Enterprise Architecture and other architectures.
- Generates high quality artifacts such as architectural and capabilities roadmaps, requirements, high level and detailed designs and deployment plans.
- Works with cross-functional teams, support the assessment and implementation of new technologies, their viability, and related risks, and create initial points of view followed by recommendations on how they should be leveraged to enable and protect the environment.
- Provides architectural governance controls, processes and technical advisory support to business units and projects by working cross-functionally to develop and implement strategies that balance architectural recommendations with business needs.
- Defines architecture and oversees execution of strategic initiatives, ensuring alignment with requirements, technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Researches emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Proposes and maintains reference architecture.
- Directs and manages architecture development, review and approval processes and integration with other applicable organizational processes. Ensures proper functioning and alignment with product/application strategy and roadmap.
- Consults with business leaders and representatives to ensure understanding of the business requirements and future strategic direction of the business/function.
- Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements. Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- Develop architecture, strategies, standards and guidelines for technologies and solutions in the architecture domain
- Be responsible for defining and reviewing technical designs and solutions
- Develops and achieves discipline strategy in alignment with functional goals and key business objectives. Collaborates with experts within function to integrate technical objectives into activities associated with accelerated development of new/improved products or technology.
- Advances technical expertise within function. Proactively demonstrates leadership by advising and sharing knowledge and expert opinions with subordinates, peers, and senior management. Mentors and trains functional colleagues and assesses current and emerging business challenges enabling functional goal achievement.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of major project plans within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Sources and identifies emerging technological trends from multiple internal and external sources and assess relevance. Integrates trends into functional short-term objectives. Advances cross‐discipline technology and direction through generation of data.
- Applies imagination and innovation by creating, inventing, and implementing new or better approaches, alternatives and breakthrough ideas that are valued by customers within the function.
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, and data security.
- Demonstrated track record of master level competency of traditional network and software defined networking (i.e. routing, switching, load balancing, wireless network, SIP, VoIP, VPN, MPLS, WAN, IP management and addressing (i.e. DHCP, DNS, IPAM, etc.), and network security\SECaaS)
- Cisco Certifications such as Router / Switch (CCNP), Design (CCDP), Security (CCNP-Security), Wireless (CCNA-Wireless), Industrial (CCNA-Industrial), Data Center (CCNP-DC) all are positives
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Technology related field with extensive (15+ years) of related work
- Technical background in healthcare or pharmaceutical companies.
- Proven ability to innovate with a history of new or improved technology solutions with remarkable impact on company productivity.
- Demonstrated track record of interacting well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in areas of technology.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced