Coordinates and assists in maintaining an efficient, timely, and cost-effective production line focusing on real time document review and coordination of resources.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for assigned production lines Labor Utilization, Material Loss, Safety.
- Perform real time document review, facilitate labor by coordinating/ facilitating breaks and line turns, and ensure materials for subsequent batches are available.
- Coordinates, writes and/or circulates for approval all documentation applicable to the production of filled products that are manufactured, packaged, tested and inspected in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Developing trend lines and conducting data analyses of production issues related to effective and efficient operation of production process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Incumbent has full authority to make decisions and/or take action that is required to carry out job duties. Internal requirements include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, cGMP procedures, general business policies, requirements and objectives. The incumbent must be willing to take temporary assignments as required.
Regulated Responsibilities (including cGMP and EHS)
Incumbent is expected to be fully compliant with all criteria established by governmental agencies, Ministry of Health, and legislative requirements including, but not limited to: the FDA, European Community (EC), ISO 13485 - Medical Devices, European Economic Community Medical Device Directive (MDD), Canadian Medical Device Regulations (CMDR), OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and ADA.
Incumbent will work to ensure that the company is in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and assure our business practices enhance the welfare of our customers, employees and the community in which we operate.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of five (5) years of production experience or two (2) years of production experience with prior leadership experience. Aseptic certification required, or the ability to become aseptic certified. Bachelor’s degree accepted in lieu of experience.
User knowledge of Microsoft Office and SAP transactions strongly preferred.
Working knowledge of cGMP’s and ISO 9002 familiarization and experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good basic math skills and ability to read and write and communicate effectively.
- Ability to comprehend and implement cleanliness procedures.
- Able to work in confined controlled environment and function effectively as a team member.
- Able to identify labor needs and direct utilization of labor available.
- Able to use initiative in problem-solving and line operation.
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and able to work under limited supervision.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Excellent math skills; ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
- User knowledge and understanding of Windows based computer systems such as Microsoft Office, with an ability to learn other computer-based systems.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12-hours) as required dependent on business needs.
- Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
- Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
- Physically able to bend, climb, lift, squat, stoop, and stretch to reach frequently.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.