The Manager of Statistical Programming is a strategic role which guides a team of Statistical
Programmers in the research and development of new pharmaceutical products. This role is directly
responsible for leading the statistical programming activities for a compound/indication or
therapeutic area in early development. The Manager of Statistical Programming must effectively
interface with Statistics, Data Sciences, Medical Writing, Regulatory Publishing and Clinical
Leads the statistical programming activities for a compound/indication or therapeutic area in early
Leads a team of statistical programmers and manages the resource planning for assigned staff.
Ensures timely deliverables, that all quality processes are followed and consistency within the
Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of ADaM data sets
following CDISC standards.
Develops and oversees the development of SAS programs for the creation of Tables, Listings and
Ensures consistency of ADaM data sets for individual studies and integrated data.
Creates documentation for regulatory filings including reviewers guides and data definition
Leads the development of standard SAS Macros and participates in the development of standard
Provides oversight and mentoring of assigned Statistical Programmers, Statistical Analysts and
Senior Statistical Analysts.
MS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 8+ years of relevant experience. OR BS
in Statistics, Computer Science or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
Previous experience leading a team of statistical programmers.
In-depth understanding of SAS programming concepts and techniques related to drug
In-depth understanding of CDISC Standards.
In-depth understanding of the drug development process, including experience with regulatory
Ability to communicate clearly both oral and written.
Ability to effectively represent the Statistical Programming Organization in cross functional teams.
Ability to accurately estimate effort required for project related programming activities.
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 96,000 to maximum: $ 188,000)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.