Want to make a global impact? We Offer That
Ready to be recognized as a technical leader? We Offer That too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Technical Lead (Pharmaceutical Small Molecule) to join our Pharma Technical Operations team in AbbVie Westport. In this role you will be responsible for leadership of technical support activities to support small molecule products, existing eyecare (unit dose and multidose) and new product technologies e.g. eyecare implant products. In this role, you will provide strong scientific leadership for all aspects of technology transfer, process scale-up, process monitoring and process troubleshooting for Active Pharmaceutical Product (API) and Drug Product commercial manufacturing activities. The position will also involve leading cross functional teams to support process development and technology
transfer of products for clinical supply and successful regulatory approval of new product submissions.
Does this interest to you? then read on.... Here's a snapshot of the key responsibilities:
• Participate in and/or lead cross functional teams with other functions including R&D, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, Operations and Validation
• Support process development and technology transfer of products for clinical supply and successful regulatory approval of new product submissions
• Provide strong scientific leadership for on-going marketed commercial products providing technical support and expertise to troubleshoot and lead investigational enquiries where necessary
• Review and/or authoring of technical documents including protocols, reports, batch manufacturing documents and CMC sections of regulatory dossiers
• Management of high quality products within project timelines and on budget
• Clear and effective communication of ideas and results, written and verbal, to technical and non-technical audiences
• Active contribution of functional area continuous improvement initiatives
• Represent Pharm Tech team on cross functional project teams as needed
So what education & experience do you need?
• You will have a Bachelor’s degree required in chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related scientific field, advanced degree is preferred with 8+ years in pharmaceutical or medical device industry
• Prior knowledge of aseptic processing is considered an advantage
• Strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines, quality systems, drug product manufacturing and validation.
• You will have strong technical and writing skills, organizational, communication skills, and function well as an individual contributor.
So, are you ready now to be part of this ambitious and diverse Technical Operations team? Apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.