Allergan Data Labs is on a mission to transform the Allergan Aesthetics beauty business at Abbvie, one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our iconic brands include Botox, CoolSculpting, Juvéderm and more. The medical aesthetics business is ripe for rapid growth and disruption, and we are looking for an experienced Director of Product to add to our high performing team to do just that.
Our team has successfully launched a new and innovative technology platform, Allē, which serves millions of consumers, tens of thousands of aesthetics providers and thousands of colleagues throughout the US. Since its launch in November 2020, Allē has delivered curated promotions, personalized experiences and had millions of consumers use it as part of their beauty journey.
We’re looking for a Director of Product as we prepare to launch a new array of game-changing technologies on our successfully adopted platform. If you’re interested in working within a startup-oriented environment, while having the backing of a very large company, please read on.
As the Director of Product, you will report to the VP of Product, Engineering & Data, as well as continuously collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to solve the most important technical problems.
- Lead product definition through qualitative and quantitative customer feedback, market analysis and business needs evaluation.
- Establish a shared vision across the business in an effort to drive consensus on priority and approach of product features.
- Own the product roadmap, delivering visibility for senior stakeholders and Scrum team members as to what will be built and in what order.
- Help build a culture centered on Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) keeping the team focused on delivering incremental value each sprint while sizing contributions against defined objectives.
- Inspire a design culture where user research and feedback is interwoven through the product development lifecycle.
- Lead a team of Product Managers and build out a talent pipeline of candidates who are enthusiastic about building beautiful, functional products.
- Run regular product demos that galvanize senior leadership, our sales organization and the Data Labs team.
- Work with Product Marketing in support of positioning and promoting our product to aesthetic providers.
- Engage with our Engineering leadership to understand the feasibility of product features and alternative options when necessary.
- Play a major role in design reviews where your experience, intuition, empathy for the user, emotional intelligence and discerning eye for design all come into play simultaneously.
- Care about who you work with and how work is done. We hire carefully and the entire team is given the opportunity to take part in evaluating potential hires.
- Relate to our core values (see below) and have a desire to contribute to and foster a positive working environment and culture.
- You’ve built and scaled product functionality that serves as the foundation for applications.
- You're adept at building structure, process and action items out of vague or complex problems.
- Extreme drive that is contagious, mixed with high standards for the product features being delivered.
- Strong ownership mindset with the ability to think big and move fast when presented with necessary data points.
- You've worked in cross-functional Agile Scrum teams and rely on proven management methodologies.
- 10+ years as a Product Manager.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, mentoring directly and developing mentorship programs.
- Self motivated, willing to take ownership, show follow through, solve tough problems and deliver on promised solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation and white-boarding skills.
- Skilled at driving continuity across Engineering, Product, Marketing and business teams.
- Preference for those who have led core service teams in the past.
- Preference for those who have built complex money movement capabilities leveraging Stripe.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field; or comparable experience.
Our Core Values
- Be Humble: You’re smart yet always interested in learning from others.
- Work Transparently: You always deal in an honest, direct and transparent way.
- Take Ownership: You embrace responsibility and find joy in having the answers.
- Learn More: Through blog posts, newsletters, podcasts, video tutorials and meetups you regularly self-educate and improve your skill set.
- Show Gratitude: You show appreciation and return kindness to those you work with.
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive annual bonus targets.
- 401k with dollar for dollar match, up to 6% of eligible earnings (base, bonus). Plus additional company contribution.
- RSU grants (Long Term Incentives) for approved roles.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 17 paid holidays per year, including 3 floating holidays.
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO), with separate sick days
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Caregiver Leave
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Plan
- Flexible workplace accommodations.
- Free gym membership for those in our Irvine, CA WeWork office.
- We celebrate our wins with opportunities to attend Lakers, Knicks, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels and NY Rangers games.
- Opportunities to attend concerts, festivals and other live entertainment events in recognition of delivering great work.
- Attend AWS Re:Invent in person (Las Vegas) or virtually each year.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Attend a tech or marketing conference of your choice each year.
- A MacBook Pro and accompanying hardware to do great work.
- A modern productivity toolset to get work done: Slack, Miro, Loom, Lucid, Google Docs, Atlassian and more.
- Generous discounts on SkinMedica skin care products.
- Discounted aesthetic treatment days multiple times a year.
- $600 worth of Alle benefits each year to use towards aesthetic treatments and products.
- Eligible for donation matching to over 1.5 million nonprofit organizations.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced