The Operations Science and Technology program is intended to be a yearlong assignment that seeks to provide opportunities for Ph.D level scientists and engineers with tangible work experience in the biotech pharmaceutical industry. During the year, associates in the program will work on meaningful and highly valued projects in a designated area of the function. Mentoring opportunities will be available as well as access to AbbVie’s leadership training and development curriculum. Associates will gain invaluable, on-the-job experience in one of the functions of the Operations S&T organizations in North Chicago, IL and Worcester, MA. Functions, which support multiple aspects of drug development and commercialization, include:
- Pharmaceutical drug substance development; Exploration of Reactive Extrusion as a Platform for Drug Substance Manufacturing, combining multiple unit operations for a greener and more efficient synthesis system.
- Pharmaceutical drug product development; Understanding and characterizing dissolution failure modes in drug tablets and defining surrogate formulations using model compounds for systematic studies.
- Biologics development and launch; Application of rational designs to cell culture media development based on metabolic and balance flux analysis combined with multivariate data analysis modeling to increase titer and/or modulate product quality attributes.
- Recent (within 1 year) graduate of a doctoral program (PhD, Pharm D.) or current doctoral students in their last year
- Must have studied one of the following disciplines: biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, biomedical sciences, cell biology, chemistry, chemical engineering, bioinformatics, microbiology, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field
- Experience working in research labs or industrial biotech through internships
- Possesses a strong academic performance and publication record
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong communications skills and a self-starter
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced