Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that.
Want to be part of a Great Place to Work in Ireland? We offer that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capability of an established pharmaceutical leader. Redefining what is possible is our business and our passion. Our goal is to help patients live healthier lives and we are proud to be a Great Place to Work.
We are now recruiting MES/Automation/BTS Engineers to join our diverse Manufacturing & Operations team in Westport, Mayo.
As our MES/Automation/BTS Engineers you will maintain the POMSnet environment; to author & maintain recipes & worksheets for our manufacturing; and also author and maintain the recipes & BOMs in SAP. You will work within the MES team in the implementation and maintenance of the MES & SAP system for the fill finish operations.
Are you intrigued? Do you want to learn more?
A snapshot of your key responsibilities as a MES/Automation/BTS Engineer would be:
• Liaise with Manufacturing and Quality to close out MES execution exceptions and provide approved documentation for all MES system changes.
• Troubleshoot and provide solutions for all MES & SAP problems in recipe execution and recipe authoring.
• Design, create, write and execute system and test documentation to a high quality standard.
• Design, create, write and/or make all required changes to MES & SAP Recipes, worksheets, equipment and material spec's including phase transition logic to a high quality standard.
• Design, create, write and/or make all required changes to ensure cleaning, equipment and product procedures (CIs, CIRs, MIs, MIRs and SOPs) are aligned to MES processes and vice versa.
• Participate in MES knowledge exchanges, MES Governance meetings, Technical Review Board Meetings, and manage issues, work-around and fixes identified.
• Work closely with IT regarding upgrades, patching, hardware support, security and system access.
• Participate in NPI (New Product Introduction) projects from initiation to ensure MES system or hardware requirements are taken into consideration.
• Participate in continuous improvement programs to implement improvements in the quality, safety, environmental and production systems
Education and Experience:
• You will have a relevant degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or mechatronics with 2 + years experience in Batch processing operations in an FDA/HPRA regulated industry. Strong knowledge of cGMP and regulatory requirements
• Experience in the operating in a highly automated environment with a good knowledge of IT systems/MES is required for this role
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.