Want to make a technical impact? We offer that
Ready to innovate? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing an experienced Maintenance Electrician/Automation Technician to join high performing Maintenance and Engineering team in Westport - interested? then read on....
In this role, you will:
• Provide electrical/Automation support to our Pharma production (aseptic manufatcuring/filling) and packaging departments
• The manufacturing area runs 24/7 and requires electrical cover to resolve issues quickly so you will be the go-to person for support
• Be troubleshooting and fault finding of automatic, semi-automatic and batch manufacturing equipment, optimizing operation by Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) techniques.
• Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing, filling, and packaging equipment, using a Reliability-Centred Maintenance (RCM) approach as appropriate.
• Support equipment projects from design to install.
• Ensure all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
• Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies.
• Responsible for filling out plant downtime notification on SAP for all instances of plant downtime. Report to include time down, corrective action, preventative action going forward and parts used.
• Prompt updates to SAP system controlling reordering of stock parts.
• Engage with vendors and parts suppliers to source nonstock parts.
• Comply to all site Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training, and regulations.
• Assist with ‘On Call’ following a rota system.
• Support the development of apprentices within the company.
Still interested? for this role, you will have
Education & Experience
• A minimum of 4 years’ maintenance and troubleshooting experience in a highly-automated pharmaceutical environment
• National Craft Senior Trades Electrician qualification is essential to be considered for this job. Additioanl qualifications in engineering and/or automation is preferred
• Clear understanding and experience of maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical, instrumentation and automation systems. This includes PLCs and HMI, pick-and-place robotics, control pneumatics, IPCs and PC-based tools, Vision systems, VSDs and Servo-drives, SCADA and data/signal telemetry a distinct advantage.
• Proficient on SAP or equivalent to manage maintenance requisitions and spare parts control.
• Willingness to work shift patterns and to travel to equipment vendors as required.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills are essential for this job.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Team player and a good problem solver.
So, are you ready now to be part of this innovative Maintenance & Engineering team? apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.