This position will be accountable for successful delivery of multiple Infrastructure, Lifecycle, Integration or Disaster Recovery-related technology projects. The successful candidate will collaborate with the project team, stakeholders, leadership and business and technology partners to achieve successful outcomes, managing and coordinating a multitude of interrelated activities within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of said projects. Adding value, maintaining a bias for action as well as applying modern project management skills and practices is a requirement of this role and will directly impact the success of our organization and customers.
This position is expected to work with minimal oversight and can have has significant impact on the performance and perception of the Service Delivery Management. This candidate will work directly for the manager of the Technical Project Management team and will be asked to collaborate with other Project Managers within the Technical Project Management team and other PM groups in the broader organization. Candidate will be expected to adhere to guidelines and practices set up by the enterprise project management office (ePMO) as well as its partner groups the Integration Management Office (IMO) and AbbVie Transition Office (ATO) as appropriate.
Candidate will be expected to oversee all aspects of assigned projects and ensure commitments to scope, schedule and budget are met. Candidate will set deadlines, assign responsibilities, manage schedule and milestones and summarize project progress. Candidate will be expected to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments contributing to the projects. Candidate is responsible for delivering all projects on time, within budget and meeting the desired outcomes and business requirements. Candidate is responsible for anticipating risks & issues, proactive risk mitigation and making recommendations to business and IT leadership to achieve successful outcomes. Candidate should become fluent in PMO methodologies and standards with planning, development & implementation experience. Candidate should be experienced with PMLC methodologies and delivering projects using a combination of delivery methods. Candidate should possess a proven record of leading project execution activities in a complex matrix environment to deliver results for business and IT stakeholders.
Create and sustain literacy in the IAI, Service Delivery Management and Technical Project Management teams and broader BTS organization; maintain clarity about values, visions, meaning, and purpose and how the organization aligns across functional areas. Use this knowledge to be an advocate to provide strategic direction and continuous improvement opportunities for the IAI, SDM, TPM and BTS organizations.
Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution and delivery of projects:
- Experienced with leading projects in a structured PMO environment. Creation, management and ownership of key deliverables in a PMLC framework.
- Expertise in creating work breakdown structures, risk management techniques, cost estimating, schedule development and other concepts associated with project management methodologies.
- Analytical with attention to detail as well as ability to understand the big picture and impacts to cross-functional areas
- Highly motivated, results oriented team player, bias for action
- Excellent communication skills with experience in business and technical arenas
- PMP certification desired
- Project Management / execution experience with technology Infrastructure projects or programs of strongly preferred
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Experience with PPM tools preferred
- Fluent in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus 4-7+ years’ experience in project management, business systems analysis, software development or deployment
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced