- Provide scientific and technical leadership to build and maintain collaborative relationships with thought leaders and external experts in the field of Hematology
- Serve as point of contact within the Medical Affairs Team for thought leaders and external experts in order to satisfy their needs for scientific knowledge in a therapeutic area and, when requested, relevant AbbVie medicines to support their safe, effective and appropriate use
- Planning and executing medical educational events by delivering credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians
- Provide scientific support in upcoming pre-and post-launch activities in various hematologic indications.
- Cross-functional teamwork and knowledge sharing with other in-field members (Sales Force, Payer-KAMs)
- Assist in the initiation, oversight and follow-up of assigned clinical studies (e.g. post-marketing observational studies) and medical projects initiated within the therapeutic area
- Attend relevant (national and international) scientific meetings and conferences
- Advanced degree (e.g. PharmD., MD, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred
- Ideally the candidate has related work experience as Medical Science Liaison or within a similar position
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Science Liaison to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company is a plus
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach, able to develop and support relationships across an organization as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community at large. Experience being an active contributor to cross-functional teams and/or working in matrix organizations will be an advantage
- Works broadly across functions to facilitate and support the affiliate's medical and clinical activities as necessary. Sound judgment, strong planning and organizational skills, and the ability to get things done.
- Strong willingness to travel: 75% of time is spent field based.
As an employer we value diversity and support people in developing their potential and strengths, realizing their ideas and seizing opportunities. This job advertisement is aimed equally at all people, regardless of age, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or origin. For legal reasons we are obliged to point out that the minimum salary for this position under the collective agreement is € 2,343.00 gross per month. However, our attractive salary packages are based on current market salaries and are therefore significantly higher than the stated minimum salary.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced