The individual works within cross-functional teams and provides software requirements, design and implementation for current and next generation software and systems projects. He or she develops a thorough understanding of design requirements to ensure that the system’s objectives are properly defined and ultimately achieved.
This role is focused on embedded, desktop and/or embedded Windows development. This individual must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications and teamwork qualities. Experience in a software development background in a structured/regulated environment such as medical device development is required.
- Design, develop, and support embedded, Windows embedded and desktop applications.
- Contribute to requirements definition at the functional level.
- Participate in software work product reviews/inspections.
- Interface, integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware components.
- Generate required product development documentation including Functional Specifications and design documents.
- Execute manual or automated tests for verification and validation of software applications.
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in the manufacturing of the product.
- Work with Software Test, Support and Manufacturing to resolve software issues.
- Drive improvements to product and process quality.
- MS (or BS and equivalent experience) in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of software design and development experience and at least 5 years of experience with embedded Windows programming with C# and . NET.
- Experience in developing event driven, multi-threaded Windows-based applications using .NET Framework and C# preferred.
- Must have experience in structured software and systems development and integration, including experience in software design methodologies, design patterns, component-oriented software architecture to produce high-quality software applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS system.
- Experience in medical devices or similarly controlled software environment preferred.
- Experience in Windows Wix Toolset /Microsoft msi package building and deployment is a plus
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes used in regulated development environments.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated and able to participate as both a team member and an individual contributor.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced