Set-up, clean, and maintain equipment. Run process with supervision and consults appropriate personnel when confronted with a problem or when made aware of a situation. Observes quality characteristics of products and processes. Complete documentation per current good manufacturing practice guidelines and policies
- Learn and follow department policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complete documentation and supporting data per cGMP policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment. Develop systematic work habits that show effective organizational skills. Be able to prepare for process requirements following supervisory instruction.
- Note quality issues and address with appropriate people.
- Review procedures and batch records, and make suggestions for improvements.
- During pre runs, post runs and when reviewing direction sets identify safety issues and help to correct them.
- Consistently give an accurate and complete material and equipment status report when handing off manufacturing process. Learn and be able to use inventory system.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in a scientific related field is desirable.
- Job requires basic technical or mechanical background and knowledge.
- Must have ability to: 1. Read, understand, and follow verbal and written operating instructions and the processes and flows described on equipment/computer monitors; 2. Write at a level sufficient enough to explain deviations or mistakes in process; 3. Add, subtract, divide, multiply, use decimals and fractions, recognize and measure proportions, and do basic algebraic math at an intermediate level of competency.
- Knowledge and use of various tools, machines, instruments, and safety devices utilized in chemical or pharmaceutical operations is desired.
- The candidate should display mechanical aptitude and be able to follow written and verbal directions.
- Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the immediate team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experiments to drive the science in the field of interest
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Significant Work Activities: Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced