The packaging technology engineer is a global role which drives continuous improvement and optimization programs across the IME global packaging network. This role provides packaging technology solution leadership and cross-functional management of serialization, network performance, factory of the future and network optimization programs. The role liaises with multiple stakeholders including site automation, enterprise applications, information security, engineering and supply chain to ensure successful delivery of packaging roadmap. In partnership with site, regional and global organizations, the packaging technology engineer contributes to planning and execution of packaging projects that deliver innovation and enablement of IME’s factory of the future, segmentation, simplification and network optimization business imperatives. Lastly, this role is an active and contributing member of the global IME packaging governance team, advocating on behalf of and contributing subject matter expertise to a global network of 10 packaging sites across the Americas and Europe.
- Responsible for initiation, planning and execution of IME global packaging projects and programs
- Ability to lead IT and OT teams across diverse systems and platforms (Antares, PCE, Uhlmann, Marchesini) that support cross-functional initiatives with enterprise level system dependencies.
- Assess and identify OEE improvement opportunities at the Site and Line level
- Demonstrated expertise across a wide range of packaging system operations including Serialization, Aggregation, OEE optimization, equipment obsolescence and data integrity
- Responsible for eliciting and documentation of project requirements as well as providing packaging systems and technology expertise on projects and programs.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of pharmaceutical operations and discrete manufacturing, utilizing this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the organization
- Shapes relationships within and across IME global network, as well as vendors, in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Works with BTS and business leaders to implement packaging strategies to meet current and future requirements.
- Implement strategic global technology initiatives that help to facilitate manufacturing, packaging and supply chain connected systems and shop floor insights.
- Enable consolidation of systems with similar capabilities and centralization of data across the organization.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Supervises and manages the efforts of contractors and vendor support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by functional manager. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Assist in the development of standards and procedures. Apply analytical thinking to diagnose and make recommendations on system and process optimization. Incorporates knowledge of business processes and system capabilities to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Translate data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identify business/system needs and recommend solutions. Assist with testing strategies and verification plans.
- Analyze business process problems and system changes and determines impact to the business processes supported, global system interfaces and other systems supporting the business operations. This includes impact of any change in the systems over their state of validation, their performance and their ability to continue to meet the business requirements. This is performed in a fast and accurate way to avoid a negative impact in the business operations.
- Adapt work schedule to support business operations. This may include scheduled maintenance, replacements, upgrades, migrations and other changes. This may require working night, weekend or holiday hours, and to be available on call to attend any emergency or critical problem that may arise.
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering preferred or equivalent plus 4-7 or more years technical experience, or Master’s degree plus 5 or more years’ experience or sufficient experience to demonstrate technical equivalency.
•Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
•Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
•Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
•Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
•Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
•Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
•Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Global BTS, Global Quality, Global Packaging, Site BTS, Manufacturing Operations, Engineering, Software Vendor
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. If you would like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email CorpJat_ABV@abbvie.com.