As the Associate Director, Enterprise Agile/Devops, you will nurture and scale our DevOps platform to accelerate Abbvie’s digital solution delivery capabilities. This position requires a strong leader and connector with significant prior experience leading and maturing enterprise level DevOps capabilities supporting a large portfolio of Agile (and non-Agile) software builds and customizations.
- Do you love developing compelling visions and resource worthy plans that tackle meaningful problems?
- Do you love applying your deep practical knowledge of Agile and DevOps approaches to help teams deliver delightful digital experiences?
- Do you love working collaboratively with diverse technical teams?
If so, you may be an excellent fit for this role at AbbVie. Join our mission to sustainably improve the lives of patients. This position reports to the Director of Business Technology Innovation at AbbVie's global headquarters in Lake County, IL. Remote candidates are eligible to assume this role.
- Help mature and own the Agile/Devops practice in AbbVie’s enterprise IT function
- Expand a practical practice that delivers the right approaches and tools for IT project and product efforts of varying scopes to achieve high quality outcomes at reasonable cost
- Help to form, lead, and influence multi-disciplinary teams of internal and external resources to offer an enterprise scale Agile/DevOps practice with impact across the entire IT Division and Abbvie wide Digital Product ambitions
- Utilize your strong business insight, intuition, and presentation skills to keep key partners and stakeholders well-informed of progress, maturity and impact
- We are intrinsically curious and not afraid to pursue new ideas that challenge status quo
- We value customer and stakeholder input and get solutions into their hands quickly, to learn from their wisdom and correct our mistakes
- We confidently convey what has worked well and what has not
- We possess the ideation and planning skills needed to define the best paths forward prior to further development and investment
A minimum of 10+ years industry/consulting or academic experience is required. A highly relevant BA + MS/MBA degree is preferred (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, etc.), along with relevant certifications (scaled agile, scrum, etc.) and a significant hands-on track record in the Agile/DevOps/Cloud domain.
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced