The position is located within the Tau Biology Group in the Neuroscience Discovery organization at Ludwigshafen. We are looking for a talented neurobiologist who will substantially contribute to the conception and execution of studies investigating Tau pathological mechanisms underlying neurodegenerative diseases and drive drug discovery projects, working in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Identify new targets, design and execute target validation studies.
- Plan and coordinate complex experiments involving interdisciplinary working groups.
- Drive drug discovery projects progression through milestones
- Independently design, execute and analyze experiments to address key scientific questions.
- Identify, develop, and optimize new neuronal models, techniques, and assays to address critical project needs.
- Effectively compile and present scientific plans and data.
- Read and apply relevant scientific literature to support scientific discussions.
- Collaborate with other groups in discovery, developmental sciences and global colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, PhD and typically 4 years of experience in biology, chemistry or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in protein biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, high-content imaging. Experience with ‘omics’ approaches and dataset would be an advantage.
Hands on experience in culturing rodent primary neurons is required. FELASA B/C desirable.
- High scientific rigor and commitment to provide robust, high-quality scientific results. Critical thinking and commitment to scientific excellence.
- Very good skills in planning complex studies.
- A high degree of self-initiative, independency, flexibility and curiosity.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in English (written and oral).
- Ability to present scientific activities/results at internal and external meetings, and publish in peer-reviewed journals
Job Type: Experienced