We are seeking a talented and highly motivated informatics scientist to join our DNA-encoded library (DEL) platform team within our Drug Discovery Science and Technology (DDST) organization at our corporate headquarters located in the Chicago area. This individual will collaborate closely with our other DEL team members to design new libraries, assess their chemical space coverage, design tools to analyze DEL data and performance analysis to inform platform improvement. The successful candidate will also possess outstanding communication and leadership skills and will be responsible for creating data visualizations and decision-making tools that enable the DEL platform team to interface with key cross-functional stakeholders.
- Build processes for chemical structure and property analysis to enable library design and enhance analyses of DEL selection data
- Evaluate and implement new analysis methodologies to better utilize DEL and/or medicinal chemistry data
- Maintain large databases and optimize tools to access DEL data
- Improve DEL workflows through the development of new tools
- Empower the decisions of DEL and project team members with specialized visualizations
*Job level will be commensurate with experience.
- Ph.D. in chemistry, computer science, physics, or related discipline with 0+ years industrial experience (experience across DEL is a plus) or Master degree with 8+ years of experience is required.
- Experience analyzing ultra-large in-silico libraries (>10^8) and working with large datasets
- Proficiency with visualization software such as Spotfire and cheminformatic toolkits and software such as RDKit, Pipeline Pilot, KNIME, etc.
- Expertise developing with Python, R, Julia, or similar tools
- Experience with data modeling preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented, matrix environment
- Motivated, independent, creative, and productive problem solver with a proven ability to advance new scientific concepts
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced