The Director, Companion Diagnostics (Dir CDx) will have responsibility for designing & executing AbbVie’s commercial companion diagnostics strategy in collaboration with key cross-functional stakeholders across the global AbbVie organization. This position will be responsible for ensuring successful commercial testing adoption for our upcoming CDx launches, as well as ensuring that portfolio priorities and development timelines are met. The successful candidate should have extensive Pharma CDx experience, be a strong leader with excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to translate the commercial CDx strategy into execution for our oncology portfolio and pipeline.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the design and implementation of AbbVie’s commercial companion diagnostics strategy in collaboration with the Global Brand Teams, Global Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Development, Market Access and Areas and Key Affiliates.
- Represent the commercial priorities of AbbVie’s oncology Franchise and provide commercial diagnostics expertise and guidance for Asset Teams at various stages of development.
- Lead commercial evaluation of diagnostics platforms, actively seek new products/technologies, effectively partner and foster key collaboration with appropriate industry, academies and government partners in support of AbbVie’s CDx strategy.
- Develop and implement a long term plan for embedding critical companion diagnostics expertise in the Global Marketing and Commercial Operations team as well as the cross-functional Global Brand Teams.
- Drive capabilities to ensure execution of CDx strategies through the Areas and Affiliates (key countries)
- Contribute to development of internal and/or external communication pertaining to companion diagnostics, as appropriate
- Develop and oversee budget for assigned
- Manage consultants/agencies for key projects
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, lead by example with a high level of emotional intelligence and dedicated to working collaboratively with other functional groups.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced