Responsible for creation and accomplishment of the Digitalization and Segmentation Capabilities strategy and roadmap for Supply Chain. Manages staff responsible for the successful delivery of this effort that will: define the business, financial, and operational requirements of the system. Will understand and align with business and BTS leaders on objective long-range goals and strategies and will work backwards to achieve said plan on-time and on-budget. Will identify organizational and IT system needs to achieve objectives and proactively execute on the changes required. Will structure a governance process for impactful decisions (i.e. build or buy) and prioritization of data needs and questions to answer to ensure focus. Will partner with many divisions in BTS and the Supply Chain business function, both formally and informally, to successfully deliver this product and organizational structure. Will determine a fit-for-purpose delivery approach (combining the best of agile and waterfall development methods) that ensures expedient enhancement delivery and nimble course-corrections as needed and advocate for the teams’ needs to secure these results as required. Key point of contact for overall BTS data/automation/segmentation needs of the Supply Chain function.
Supply Chain business function and BTS in general. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks
- Accountable for the creation of both a strategic roadmap and a project roadmap. Ensures the right resources (people and systems) and processes are available to meet the demands both short and long-range
- Understands the vision, goals, and strategies of BTS, Supply Chain, and the corporation in general. Develops appropriate IT strategies aligned with the business, which will include a digital architecture framework and design that will enable: proactive, real-time monitoring and alerting, segmentation enablement, and automation of repeatable manual tasks.
- Responsible for identifying, securing, and managing the staff responsible for the successful delivery of this poral. Staff likely to include Architects, BSAs/BSCs, PMs and Change Managers
- Determines alternative delivery mechanisms. Understands industry best practice, strategies and tactics in business area and applies best-fit-methods for organizational needs
- Determine a prioritization and governance process to ensure the best ideas win and the product stays on-scope • Identifies and secures IT systems and vendors as required
- Partners with many divisions in both BTS and the Supply Chain business function to successfully deliver this product and organizational structure
- Oversees and controls department budgets, project capital/RCE expenditure, and ROI. Develops, monitors, and meets expense and recovery plans. Continually looks for opportunities for cost avoidance and cost reduction. Manages the IT investment for multiple function
- Responsible for creating and presenting executive-level statuses, ensuring collaboration across all key partners, and demonstrating ROI to allow for continuous investment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in business information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- Bachelor's Degree with 9 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 8 years’ experience; PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Project Management experience. Business and process experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory and employee development experience. 2-3 years strategic IT planning experience.
- Can explain and present complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner.
- Broad and deep IT knowledge coupled with equivalent knowledge of the processes and activities of the business.
- Able to understand and communicate the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and can analyze the risks of using or not using such technologies.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced