Job Description: Associate Director, HCP (Professional) and Consumer Data Strategy & Operations
This role oversees the ongoing strategic pillar of Winning With Data and Digital Transformation to position AbbVie as a leader in HCP and Consumer/Patient business insights and analytics. It requires a leader with both analytical and business acumen that can collaborate across multiple stakeholders to facilitate a consistent and integrated view of HCP and Consumer/Patient data throughout the US Commercial organization. Partnered with Marketing Analytics and Business Insights (MABI), Brand Marketing, Customer Experience (CX), Business Technology Solutions (BTS) and Field Force Effectiveness (FFE), this position will enable faster and more efficient delivery of data to enable analytics and insights that result in improved decision making by AbbVie marketers and sales teams.
- The ideal candidate would be able to advance key strategic initiatives by designing and implementing new data and analytics capabilities, as well as enhance existing capabilities to meet the strategic priorities of the US Commercial organization at AbbVie
Solution Design and Execution
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the wide spectrum of data represented in HCP360 and Consumer360 ecosystem across different domains and archetypes
- Work with appropriate cross-functional partners to build or onboard the solutions to enable ongoing measurement of key metrics and KPIs through a combination of standard and ad-hoc reporting solutions
- Liaise with the Customer Experience teams to drive the maturity of AbbVie’s digital and omnichannel capabilities
- Collaborate with the US Commercial Data Science teams to design, develop and build data and analytical pipelines for execution and monitoring of different analytical and Machine Learning models
- Drive the development of efficient, repeatable processes to streamline translation of raw data to key metrics and to ensure efficient access to data and metrics for analytics and research consumers.
- In collaboration with MABI partners, consulting with marketing/sales leadership, CX and BTS, formulate strategy and identify tactical initiatives to deliver metrics for measuring/improving program execution.
- Create data inventories, catalogs & definitions repository to ensure data accessibility, visibility and understanding is supported across all stakeholders.
- Develop and formulate solutions in a multitude of ways including, but not limited to:
- Designing and building new capabilities/solutions from scratch
- Working with internal stakeholders like brand analytics, insights and customer experience to grow and enhance existing capabilities
- Working with outside vendors to onboard new capabilities that address business needs, including recommending vendors
- Educating on best practices and expected impact and leading the marketing and insights function towards new approaches.
Collaboration and Communication
- Facilitate productive discussions among cross-functional partners with the goal of drawing out new and innovative ideas or challenging existing ones to help bring a more holistic & integrated picture of business opportunities to the organization.
- Build relationships internally – e.g., with MABI, Brand Reporting, BTS etc. – to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others in line with LINK initiatives and Integrated Sales Information Systems.
- Work collaboratively with FFE, Data Operations and BTS to on-board data determined to be of long-term value in providing insights across different business pillars. Ensure ad hoc data is properly landed and accessible to analysts for to address short term needs.
- Oversee relationships with providers of data to ensure ongoing relevance and quality of acquired data. Coordinate feedback from data consumers to ensure ongoing quality and relevance of purchased data.
Project and Program Management
- Continuously evaluate the operational environment and drive improvements through application of start, stop, continue, and enhance process evaluation resulting in improved data quality, integration and speed to deployment.
- Define key project milestones, risk & contingency plans across a variety of initiatives, and communicate achievements against those milestones to various level audiences.
- Identify and secure an effective team of resources to execute solutions and plan for appropriate budget needs to build or onboard the solutions in a timely fashion.
- Communicating to staff all pertinent information related to Divisional and Departmental strategies/initiatives.
- Oversee a program to support development of data literacy among MABI team members.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- Ongoing education of all direct reports.
- Completing Performance Excellence responsibilities, including conducting timely and effective performance management processes.
- Adhering to all financial policies, including purchase order and compliance processes.
- Maintaining current on all required certification and compliance programs.
- Ensuring all direct reports are adhering to the policies and have appropriate certifications completed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Business, Management Information Systems, Engineering, and/or Operations. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10-12 years of professional experience.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in data analysis, data management, marketing analytics and modeling. Exposure to business intelligence or visualization platforms for data analysis and presentations.
- Working knowledge of data processing and data warehousing strategies.
- Experience in analyzing and processing different types of data used in the pharmaceutical industry including data from internal systems like call activity and speaker programs, as well as syndicated data from third party vendors such as IQVIA, Symphony Health, patient level data, Affiliations and specialty pharmacy data across retail and non-retail business channels.
- 1-2 years of people supervision experience.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment across commercial and marketing stakeholders.
- Experience in business and/or analytics consulting roles for technology/analytics services companies
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Project management experience; solid attention to detail and operational focus.
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Proven ability to influence the development of IT processes required to support analytic data consumption
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced