This position provides strategic partnership withImmunology Sales and Marketing for driving in-field team Effectiveness through four main areas: sales force optimization, call planning, field alignments, and field analytics. Specifically, this person plays a key role in call planning strategies and implementation, field force deployment and alignment strategies, and will be responsible for field force execution and providing insights to leadership on overall field force effectiveness. This person will work with brand leadership and other key customers to develop and implement call plans driving overall sales performance. They will manage a team of 3.
- Lead Call Plan Design to develop and optimize call plans that reflect changes in promotional strategies and tactics
- Partner with Sales, Brand and Marketing Analytics/Business Insights in optimizing physician-level evaluation schema based on physician response to various promotional efforts and total business opportunities and leveraging into call plan design
- Understand strategic and tactical issues, employ appropriate methodologies to analyze data and provide insights as it relates to field deployment, customer targeting and field analytics
- Lead self and team on continual development of existing statistical methodologies and ability to propose new models/refinements for field analytics
- Provide analytical support for territory and physician segmentation as it relates to field promotional activity
- Lead team to provide guidance and analytics to the sales organization on both the design and the implementation of the sales force to optimize the allocation of sales resources.
- Provide sales force sizing and structure support
- Leads self and team to demonstrate critical thinking, analytical/problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills. Utilizes understanding of sales force goals, structure, issues and strategic direction to partner internally or externally with teams to develop and support sales force tactics.
- Communicate all work effectively to Sales, Product, and Executive Management teams
- Leads self and team to leverage an in-depth knowledge of analysis and/or operations methodologies to identify and implement appropriate approaches to address and solve business problems. Possesses a deep understanding of applications needed to implement the methodologies (e.g., Excel, SQL, IBM SPSS, VBA, SAS, Sprint, TAP).
- General leadership and management of 3 direct reports
- BA, BS degree required
- 10+ years analytical and commercial operations experience required in the healthcare industry. Problem-solving orientation & ability to work independently. Experience working with management personnel to solve problems and identify/sell/implement solutions. Must exhibit proficiency commensurate with grade in the following competencies: adaptability, teamwork, initiative, innovation, integrity, analytical, leadership, strategic thinking, drive for results, and communication.
- Strong analytical skills including but not limited to Regression analysis, Cluster analysis and data visualization
- A proven track record of success in transforming data into powerful information for sales/marketing management required
- Knowledgeable of a variety of PC programs (including, but not limited to Excel, SQL, PowerPoint. SAS/R, SQL, and MS Access/VBA preferred) that can solve various problems. Demonstrated database and project management skills
Key Stakeholders (optional):
- Sales and Marketing Leadership, MABI, Executive Leadership, BTS and HR
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced