AbbVie Patient Services is an industry leading organization, providing unparalleled patient support, resulting in improved brand loyalty and patient satisfaction. The Associate Director, Enterprise Platform Enablement is responsible for the oversight of both AbbVie’s Patient Services ecosystem and platforms hosted by our strategic partners. Development of business expertise associated with omni-channel functionality, data flows, the suite of SalesForce.com tools, and the telephony solution is critical to ensuring the Platform Team can provide the business with necessary guidance and can constructively work with the Business Technology Solutions organization on the development and optimization efforts associated with AbbVie’s patient support programs.
To be successful, this person will have to effectively lead a team of individuals dedicated to advancing the various platforms that support AbbVie’s care models. In addition to being highly collaborative, they must have strong written and oral communication skills, and obtain alignment from multiple key stakeholders across a highly matrixed organization. They should be comfortable with developing relationships across a diverse spectrum of customers, while having the ability to prioritize initiatives based on key value propositions. This role will be required to clearly evaluate, articulate and partner to drive alignment across technology ecosystem interdependencies, and execute with cross functional teams including Business Technology Solutions, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Patient Engagement, Access and Reimbursement, Enterprise Strategy, and vendor partners.
- Proven ability to coach, develop, and motivate a team that is responsible for ensuring alignment of AbbVie’s internal and externally hosted platforms to meet key business strategies and ensure the AbbVie Patient Services organization is delivering the right messaging, appropriate engagement, and critical resources to patients at the right times.
- Guiding the team on institution of best practices, the creation of SOPs, requirements, and playbooks, are critical to driving consistent results that yield a standard approach and efficiency in the development efforts.
- Ensuring AbbVie’s internal platform team and external partners are aligned on the business strategy and can translate that into tactical plans, while constantly looking for optimization opportunities that drive efficiency and potential cost savings.
- Building out appropriate system monitoring and KPI’s required to compare to SLA’s and ensuring contractual obligations are met is critical.
- Creating relationships with our strategic partners is critical towards building open lines of communication, sharing expectations related to quality, integration efforts, support needs, and the delivery of QBRs.
- Accountable for vendor partner timelines, risk identification, systems budget planning, scope, and delivery.
- Partner with and understand key business stakeholder’s drivers and strategic objectives to provide solutions to challenging business scenarios, while establishing appropriate communication strategy for keeping our business partners aligned on status, progress, challenges, and timing of projects.
- Identify and drive program level enhancements and work with cross functional partners to drive strategic technology enablement, that aligns with business strategy.
- Accountable for team delivery, execution of plans, and identifies opportunities to motivate team members to maximize Patient Services effectiveness.
- High functioning agile methodology mindset with imperatives to build solutions with a focus on user engagement from initial requirements through development, testing, launch, and transition to an operational state.
- Strong background in executing artificial intelligence enablement initiatives that have proven impact on patient adherence and outcomes.
- Experienced understanding of technology testing best practices and architecting processes that maximize user engagements and deliver quality, predictable releases.
- Proactively identify risks and architect risk mitigation strategies that remove hurdles and promote progression of programs.
- Administers team reviews and provides constructive feedback to ensure alignment on expectations and intended performance levels.
- Must effectively establish and maintain credibility and influence key stakeholders through subject matter expertise, relatability, adaptable, and agile mindsets.
- Drive consistency in the approach from a communication, documentation, and quality control perspective.
- Coordinate QBR’s with team members and vendor partners that provide senior leadership with visibility to key metrics, new/enhanced functionality, and potential issues.
- Keen ability to resolve resource constraints, maintain alignment and gain buy-in.
- B.A./B.S./Business, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 7+ years of experience leading platform operations team and/or equivalent combination of platform operations and enterprise ecosystem development/support.
- 7+ years of proven experience in enterprise/portfolio/program/project management experience.
- 7+ years’ experience across multiple patient services functions (e.g. patient engagement, access, hub operations, nursing service, marketing services, specialty pharmacy).
- Project Management Professional certification a strong plus.
- Skilled as a change agent champion.
- In-depth knowledge required of Salesforce platforms.
- Proven experience in translating business needs to solution designs.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry regulations in the United States, specifically related to Patient Services functions.
- Strong, proven experience in technology enablement initiatives in the pharmaceutical space.
- Proven track record of creating portfolio level operational efficiencies.
- Innovative mindset with experience creating digital innovation roadmaps.
- Proven leadership competencies to include setting vision and strategy, building teams, knowing the business, driving results, and encouraging open exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to distill highly complex requirements into compelling business objectives.
- Strong problem-solving abilities in complex, compliance regulated department.
- Highly analytical, with the ability to interpret and create action on data.
- Understanding of MDM, data integration and aggregation methodologies.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in organizations who do not have reporting linkages.
- Proven ability to negotiate in order to achieve win-win business outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and assure completion by due dates.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex and technical tasks, both written and orally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver results based on tight timelines.
- Demonstrated history of developing programs that are customer-centric.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced