Manager, Talent Acquisition
The Manager, Talent Acquisition, will oversee and build recruiting capabilities in alignment with a function of the organization and business objectives. They will deliver proactive recruiting strategies using market insights and data to position AbbVie as the employer of choice in the biopharma industry.
- Provide recruitment leadership to a team of Talent Acquisition Professionals, requisition management and customer service management across the organization. Set vision, strategy, and goals for all aspects of recruiting talent across a function of the organization.
- Compile and communicate the knowledge base, industry overviews, market trends, and company initiatives to team members and business leaders. Develop and implement comprehensive Human Capital Response Plans to meet business objectives.
- Lead effective recruiting process, practices and standards providing high quality experience for candidates and hiring managers. Recruitment focus is on a specific area of the business. Responsible for attracting top talent and develop a strong qualified candidate pool.
- Oversee pre-employment process (background check, references, etc.), as well as the preparation and approval of offer package, providing equity & market competitiveness data research.
- Ensure compliance to state/federal employment laws and AbbVie policies and practices for applicant tracking compliance and reporting metrics.
- Provide a true business partnership with hiring managers and leadership on all staffing related issues. Build solid relationships with key partners across the organization that yield consistent process and impactful results. Use data and market intelligence to provide consultative guidance.
- Regularly assess future talent needs and partner with business and finance to ensure appropriate budgeting is in place to support recruiting demand.
- Additional job functions would include, pre-screening candidates, project management in various functional areas at any given time, partnering with global team members to develop a sourcing strategies and qualifying talent for open positions
- Additional responsibilities include managing requisitions, updating the Taleo applicant tracking system, achieving recruiting metrics and reporting key accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5-7+ years recruitment experience in a competitive, fast pace environment.
- Must project a strong business presence and have the ability to instill confidence in clients and to deliver results.
- Proactive recruiting and sourcing experience.
- Prior staff management experience strongly preferred. Healthcare industry recruitment experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with a broader HR Organization in support of business initiatives preferred.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Learns, fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced