O firmie AbbVie
Misją AbbVie jest odkrywanie i dostarczanie innowacyjnych leków, które już dziś rozwiązują poważne problemy zdrowotne i stanowią odpowiedź na medyczne wyzwania jutra. Dążymy do wywarcia znaczącego wpływu na życie ludzi w kilku kluczowych obszarach terapeutycznych: immunologii, onkologii, neurobiologii, pielęgnacji oczu, wirusologii, zdrowia kobiet i gastroenterologii, a także w zakresie produktów i usług z portfolio Allergan Aesthetics. Aby uzyskać więcej informacji o AbbVie odwiedź nas na www.abbvie.com. Obserwuj @abbvie na portalach Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube i LinkedIn.
Medical Director/Senior Medical Director, US Medical Affairs - Neuroscience
The Medical Director or Senior Medical Director for US Medical Affairs Neuroscience initiates medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participation in design and execution of clinical trial safety, product safety and risk management plans. May also carry responsibility for routine and adhoc safety monitoring reports to regulatory agencies. May review, assess and report applicable Adverse Events (AE’s) and Serious Adverse Events (SAE’s) if assigned to AbbVie conduct on clinical studies.
- Oversees the conduct of clinical trials and is medically and scientifically accountable for resolution of safety (AE’s & SAE’s) issues, interpretation of statistical analyses for clinical significance, PI selection, scientific documents reporting safety monitoring and other scientific reports submitted to the regulatory authorities.
- All clinical research / development activities for products under development, and for post approval commitments such as regulatory agency mandated trials, or those intended to support product registration or to generate data for label inclusion remain the primary responsibility of TA development teams.
- May interact with and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (i.e. commercial, clinical operations, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc…) as they relate to on-going medical affairs projects. Serves as the scientific team interface for key regulatory discussions.
- Provide scientific/medical education to investigators, clinical monitors, and Global Project Team members related to therapeutic area or disease specific information. Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource.
- Responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and global drug development and accountable for complying with those requirements. May assist in the development of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia. Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate/area/global medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs' scientific activities.
- Can address complex problems within discipline/project or across disciplines. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis and interpretation of data requires evaluation of multiple factors.
- Provides guidance to cross-functional team members to aid in the development of promotional materials. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional strategies and tactics in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs.
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree or equivalent (D.O. or non-US equivalent of M.D. meet requirements) with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is preferred.
- National license to practice medicine with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment. Academic qualification (Dr med or equal) is strongly preferred. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical trial or medical affairs experience in the pharmaceutical industry. 3+ years of experience is preferred.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Ability to run a clinical study or medical affairs team independently with little supervision.
- Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols. Expert knowledge in a relevant therapeutic specialty.
- Must possess excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Typically does not supervise employees but must be able to influence in a matrixed environment. Works mostly independently with limited guidance.
- Ex-Us: At least one further major international language is preferred.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Zakres pracy: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Podróż: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Rodzaj pracy: Experienced
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs recently.
Phishing scam alert
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online) thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending you “phishing” messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams. Find out how you can avoid being a victim of job phishing scams.
For Internal Candidates only - Notice of Filing of Labor Condition Application
Equal Employment Opportunity | Reasonable Accommodation