Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are currently recruiting a Head of Engineering to be part of our leadership team in our Liège site, Odyssea Pharma, in Belgium. Reporting directly to the Site General Manager, you will lead a high performing team that is responsible for engineering support onsite; delivering on key strategic projects; driving engineering development of the production site while always maintain a safety first, quality and people focused approach.
Does this role entice you? Then read on for some of the day-to-day responsibilities:
- Develop, coach and mentor your team in a high-performance environment
- Build and deliver the site engineering strategy - ensuring internal customer and patient focus in every aspect of it
- Lead activities of your engineering team (site maintenance, Operational excellence, calibration &validation), building reliability-engineering capabilities in a safe, quality complaint and financially astute manner while maintaining a field oriented focus and mindset
- Partner with senior leaders, ensuring the delivery of the site overall strategy over the LRP (long range plan)
- Collaborate, influence, and provide technical and leadership guidance as part of site senior leadership team and Engineering SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Lead the capex projects
- Be innovative by implementing engineering action plans meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future site evolution.
So, what education & experience do you need for this role?
You will have
- A Master's degree in Engineering with 10+ years of experience in management on a pharmaceutical production site
- Proven and successful experience leading and coaching a team
- Project management experience -experience in pharmaceutical production development, in project lead and in operational excellence implementation
- Strong financial acumen with result driven approach
- Fluency in French and English
- Good knowledge MS Office, DAO, CAD and 3D drawing tools, projects tools
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced