Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
The Associate Director, Marketing Analytics, Oncology is a strategic and critical role in the US MABI Oncology organization, responsible for driving advanced analytic initiatives to enable core and emerging capabilities across Data and Analytics, Marketing and Sales Operations, Customer Experiences, Digital Transformation, Executive Reporting, and Forecasting. This role will lead sales and marketing analytics across all Venclexta existing and pipeline indications enabling brand teams navigate an increasingly dynamic and challenging business environment. Provides both technical and strategic thought leadership in the areas of analytics, marketing, and data sciences in developing and delivering the analytic strategy and operational support for strategic capabilities and transformational initiatives. This role will also engage with external data and service providers (including IQVIA, ZS, and others). This leader will help mentor analytic team members to deliver actionable results to stakeholders across the organization.
- Leads Advanced Analytics with emerging technology and methodologies to deliver accurate, innovative, and timely insights to support and act as a strategic partner to VEN Brand and SalesTeams.
- Independently execute and lead Advanced Analytic initiatives and projects, supervise supplier teams’ analytics work, ensuring analytical approaches implemented are built according to best practice and with eventual scaling in mind.
- Proactively identify new and innovative analytic approaches that would improve our ability to answer commercial business questions by closely collaborating with key stakeholders to transform business questions and data into analytic solutions.
- Manages ongoing engagements and budgets with external data vendors to ensure AbbVie is getting the appropriate data, services, and support; anticipates, forecasts, and secures appropriate budget funds and support based on current and future business needs.
- Leads negotiations with external data vendors for short-term and long-term data and services engagements across national and sub-national script data, Specialty Pharmacy data, Patient Level Data, promotional data, RWD, and other data categories and sources.
- Leads the analytic team in a manner that ensures that marketing analytics professionals have access to, and use, the most advanced information and analytical techniques and are properly trained and produce results that fully leverage the data and analytics.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners including medical affairs, BTS, Digital Lab and HEOR to deliver holistic insights to the brand team.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
Direct Reports: 3
Education & Experience:
• BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. PhD, MS, MBA) preferred demonstrating applied advanced analytics.
• 5-8 years of analytics experience
• Preferred: experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries, and familiarity with Pharma data and/or experience in advanced analytics/data sciences leading industries (technology, CPG, banking)
• 1-2 years of experience negotiating with and managing external vendors
• 1-2 years of team management experience
• Has a passion for data, analytics, and business strategy projects
• Experience developing and executing analytic solutions to address key business questions with measurable outcomes and insights
• Analytical reasoning abilities, intellectual curiosity, strong business acumen, and creativity in problem solving
• Experience influencing cross-functional, global, and affiliate teams
• Strong written/oral communications skills including communicating to all levels of the organization
• Ability to understand the pharma commercial environment and business needs and translate to workable solutions
• Highly motivated change agent that can push against the status quo and seed new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new ways of working
• Proven success in managing and partnering with internal clients and external vendors
• Proven project management skills, including ability to lead in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders and functions
• Good facilitator – can drive collaborative discussions, gather feedback, and provide follow-up on how to incorporate into solution design/delivery
• Strategic thinker - can see big picture opportunities and translate into actionable plans but can also understand the details.