- Develop and execute a strategy to shape and influence the healthcare environment to support AbbVie’s priorities.
- Build strong relationships with key influencers within Federal and State Governments and the Public Service. Engage and seek opportunities to lead and influence within membership organisations including Medicines Australia, AusBiotech, AmCham, MTPConnect as well as health consumer, professional bodies and other relevant bodies.
- Gather deep insights on current and future political and policy trends and ensure translation into strategy and policy positions. Identify opportunities and drive delivery of specific external affairs activities into stakeholder groups including dissemination and incorporation of policy positions.
- Triage and prioritise opportunities for external engagement to affiliate leadership. Support with advice and briefings for specific external activities.
- Act as Brand Team member for prioritised therapy areas, leading development and implementation of therapy/brand advocacy strategies that support timely PBS listings.
- Establish strong internal regional and global functional relationships to leverage capabilities. Collaborate with relevant functions on above brand advocacy projects including Market Access and Communications and Patient Relations.
- Lead, coach and develop one direct report.
- Act in an ethical and legally compliant manner, adhering to AbbVie policies and procedures applicable to the role and relevant local legislation and industry codes of practices
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on senior level relationship management
- Strong influencer
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion and the ability to work with multiple groups whilst achieving objectives
- Superior writing and presentation skills to craft and deliver clear, effective messages
- Ability to challenge status quo
- Significant experience in Government, Industry Association, Health Care Systems and/or Stakeholder management
- Possesses current relevant stakeholder network
- Experience of the Australian healthcare/government systems
- Previous experience as an advisor to a politician
- Pharma Industry experience
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced