Envision working with energetic colleagues and inspirational leaders. Allergan Aesthetics is always striving to find top scientists to work at our Pleasanton site. Be Bold and grow your career with the pharmaceutical and medical device industry leader!
An “ideal” candidate for this role is someone with sound knowledge of software in a medical device manufacturing environment.”
Designing, implementing and testing Windows embedded systems software and embedded firmware for a medical device. Successful candidates will create software requirements, design documentation and implementation for current and next generation software and systems projects. The candidate works within cross-functional teams to develop, support, and extend our embedded device code. The candidate must have strong software debugging and analytic skills. The candidate must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications, teamwork qualities and able to wear multiple hats. Experience in a software development background in a structured environment such as medical device, semiconductor instruments or aerospace is preferred.
- MS (or BS and equivalent experience) in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 7 years of software design and development experience and at least 5 years of experience with embedded Windows programming with C# and . NET.
- Experience in developing event driven, multi-threaded Windows-based applications using .NET Framework and C# preferred.
- Must have experience in structured software and systems development and integration, including experience in software design methodologies, design patterns, component-oriented software architecture to produce high-quality software applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows OS system.
- Experience in medical devices or similarly controlled software environment preferred.
- Experience in Windows Wix Toolset /Microsoft msi package building and deployment is a plus
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes used in regulated development environments.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated and able to participate as both a team member and an individual contributor.
- Knowledge of wired and wireless communication interfaces for embedded systems – modem, WiFi, LAN, USB, Serial, i2C, SPI preferred
- Microsoft Azure is preferred.
- Responsible for performing all duties in compliance with FDA’s Quality System Regulation (QSR), ISO13485, the Canadian Medical Device Regulations, and all other international regulatory requirements with which ZELTIQ complies.
Language and Verbal Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in complicated, advanced engineering or mathematical formats.
Analytical and Reading Skills:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to analyze a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and interpret various abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Most work is performed in an office-like setting. The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate
Requires regular presence in a (clinical or engineering or animal) laboratory setting where protective equipment or other health and safety measures and training are required to protect against chemical, biological or other hazards.. Noise levels may be moderate to high.
ZELTIQ is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.