We are seeking a Bioassay Development Scientist to join our Analytical Development team. This Scientist will drive and support the development and evaluation of newly discovered drugs and existing clinical candidates.
- In this lab-based role, your major responsibilities will include the development of cell-based potency assays (bioassays) and ligand-binding potency assays, as well as performing potency testing and biological characterization in support of the development of therapeutic antibodies, antibody variants, and antibody drug conjugates (ADCs).
- Besides practical work, this scientist will act as single point of contact for assigned projects managing timelines, driving troubleshooting and scientific advancements locally and globally in his area of expertise (e.g. bioassays, ligand-binding assays, novel formats, technologies)
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience, PhD and no experience in biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy or related field
- 5 years of hands-on experience in binding and in vitro cell-based assay development
- You have strong experience in the field of designing and qualifying in vitro cell-based assays to reflect the molecule’s relevant mode of action
- You have strong experience in cell culture and state-of-the-art molecular biology techniques
- Understanding of structure-function related dependencies, biology/immunology of monoclonal antibodies is a plus
- Additional protein analytical experience (e. g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial
- You are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate in local and global teams
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products, or services
- As a global acting company, we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced