AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
The AbbVie Data Security Response Analyst will support the protection of AbbVie data by having the responsibility for daily monitoring of alerts generated by AbbVie’s Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions and investigating sensitive data transfers. This individual will be expected to analyze available telemetry data and determine which events present a potential data loss incident and business impact to AbbVie that requires escalation to Legal, Human Resources, and Office of Ethics and Compliance. This individual will work together with Legal and Human Resources to perform appropriate DLP Remediation processes to remove AbbVie data from unauthorized locations.
- Monitor DLP information security alerts though the use of available DLP tools to respond, triage, and escalate as needed.
- Assist Global Legal and Human Resources in processing DLP Remediation requests which may include confirming that AbbVie data is removed from unauthorized locations.
- Analyze event/alert patterns to properly interpret and prioritize threats with available DLP tools and other data protection devices.
- Identify trends and drive requirements aimed at improving and enhancing existing data loss prevention detection policies.
- Provide support to projects that enhance reporting, workflow, change/incident/problem management.
- Interface with clients in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements to improve the efficiency of daily tasks, monitoring, and processes with innovative ideas.
- Prepare and present formal incident reports Interpret and summarize technical information to a non-technical audience
- Assist with resolution of operational Data Loss Prevention technology deployment, implementation, and functional issues
- Develop reports and metrics for leadership across BTS, Legal, Human Resources, and Office of Ethics and Compliance
- Minimum 5 years of Information Security experience or equivalent experience in Information Risk Management.
- DLP related monitoring experience desired.
- Candidate must possess strong analytical skills to identify complex security issues and respond at the same level with a technical understanding of when to escalate impacting security events.
- Must possess requisite oral communication and writing skills
- Must be self-motivated and capable of independent work while operating in a geographically and culturally diverse peer group.
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Type: Experienced