The Senior Manager, Resonic US Marketing, is responsible for developing and executing all downstream marketing to support the launch of Resonic in the United States, an innovative and new device for cellulite (gained through the Soliton acquisition). Partner with the Launch Lead to develop tactics and key initiatives for the launch. Management of strategic and creative agency on day to day operations, projects, and budget. Collaboration with cross-functional team stakeholders including sales force, sales leadership, education, training, pricing, and consumer/digital marketing teams. Lead MLRC (medical, legal, regulatory, compliance) content reviews and tracking updates for tactics and programs. Spearhead sales and cross portfolio promotions and programs. Partner with training and education team to build our sales force and Healthcare Professional (HCP) training content and programs. Participate and plan content for advisory boards and working groups with current Resonic users. Based on our launch timing and focus in the US first, this role will work closely with GCD, R&D, Operations and requires frequent interaction key customers and consumers to gain insight into market trends, opportunities and unmet needs.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Launch preparation and execution:
Creates launch strategic initiatives and tactics to prepare for US launch of Resonic to drive initial adoption into the market. Identifies opportunities for growth via segmentation targets and portfolio optimization.
Management of strategic and creative agency partners to ensure project alignment, timely deliverables and budget tracking.
Build promotions and key launch iniatitives to drive uptake in the market. Partner on pricing, business models and capital strategy.
Develops close working relationship with R&D, regulatory/legal, medical affairs, market research, operations and key opinion leaders to ensure cross functional alignment and viable go to market strategies.
Lead MLRC review process for all tactics and resources for launch, ensuring coordination with agency changes and execution of printing and digital production.
Cultivates and maintains relationships with KOLS, early experience users of Resonic (from Soliton early launch), as well as building rapport with early adopters for the launch of the next generation device
Leads and develops content for advisory boards, working groups, and engagements with consultants
Develops close working relationships with medical affairs, R&D, regulatory/legal, market research, operations and sales training and leadership team
HCP Training content development in partnership with clinical and sales training teams. Coordinate learnings and experience to shape and execute Resonic training curriculum and assets.
Market knowledge and insights cultivation
Develops in-depth knowledge of the market, competitive landscape and consumer and customer insights to inform strategy. Monitors the competitive landscape in order to support recommendations for initiatives and/or changes to strategies.
Executes and leads key insight development for launch strategy and tactics including segmentation, messaging, campaign and other imperatives.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study, a graduate degree strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of business experience of which, at least half should be in medical device/pharmaceutical industry in a sales or marketing function
- Experience with launch and brand building
- Experience working with downstream marketing in US and sales force implementation
- Experience marketing aesthetic products is desired, but not mandatory
- Travel up to 30%
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Results Orientation – ability to independently create and execute action plans which deliver on strategic goals
- Commercial Orientation – ability to prioritize commercial opportunities across the portfolio and develop product strategies for capturing the maximum commercial value.
- Significant cross-functional capabilities – ability to collaborate and influence without authority; uses informal structure, dynamics and culture to get things done
- Strong creative and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical expertise
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a matrixed organization; Effective collaboration with all constituencies is critical to the success of this position
- Ability to:
- Work independently. Manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Develop and execute key strategies
- Interact directly with and influence Senior Management and global thought leaders in aesthetics
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical expertise while able to articulate concepts and ideas
- Experience in marketing theory, principles, and practices within the health care industry
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and influence
- Experience and a solid understanding of product development and successful new product launches
- Able to travel overnight stay with valid driver’s license
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: _$110,500 to maximum:_$216,000)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.