- Proactively identify areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, cost efficiencies
- Provide insight to business unit(s) on how to best develop and leverage consumer eCommerce capabilities for the organization(s)
- Primary point of contact for all consumer eCommerce requirements, and responsible for demand management / prioritizing
- Influence and partner with business leaders and executives to manage and align the BT consumer eCommerce portfolio via close collaboration with other parts of BT, adjacent business departments and external partners, to ensure adequate and timely delivery in line with agreed service levels
- Partner and collaborate with key BT staff of other functional areas to support cross divisional business initiatives, explore synergies and efficiencies
- Makes strategic decisions that impact the business unit and/or division. Shared decision authority for business unit IT budget and project activities. Manage initiatives that span virtual teams across the world and cross cultures.
- Develops roadmap for the consumer eCommerce portfolio with functional enhancements, growth strategies and reducing technical debt.
- Plays an active role in taking broad and sometimes vague user requirements and turning them into actionable user stories that can then be turned into development items
- Leads demand planning, backlog grooming, sprint planning activities for consumer eCommerce sites.
- Works towards building a best-in-class eCommerce experience for consumer eCommerce
- Responsible for adherence to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP, SOX, PCI and PII compliance and security.
• Understands and contributes to the business unit strategy and translates business strategy in an aligned portfolio of program roadmaps, projects, and applications
• Champions change and innovation – stimulates creativity and innovation in others and supports those who initiate change and take risks
• Promotes a global perspective via organizational awareness
• Constant awareness of evolving regulatory requirements in the business area(s) and influence BT stakeholders and vendors to efficiently address these evolutions
• Understands the business and ensures that BT solutions meet business needs
• Understand specific challenges and opportunities linked to regulatory, legal, and economic situation in different business units
• Ability to assess overall needs to multiple business units and to negotiate accepted portfolio which meets most strategic needs of business units
Portfolio & Budget Management
• Ensures the portfolio of new and existing programs, projects, and applications, account for current costs, ongoing costs, and future changes. Feeds the BT long range plan and budgets.
• Negotiates for and secures resources to meet the long-range planning needs
• Oversees and controls area IT budgets, project capital/RCE expenditures and measures of success
• Continually looks for opportunities for portfolio cost optimization and cost avoidance.
• Manage IT projects across business unit, and division wide when and where applicable. Participate in business projects based on IT expertise.