The Hospital Surgical District Sales Manager is responsible for meeting the company’s goals through the results of sales representatives/others, establishing sales quotas and margins for the Region assigned, and for directing staff, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program within Region.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Assigns sales territory to sales personnel within Region.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist representatives in promoting sales within Region.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and works with marketing to develop sales campaigns to accommodate sales goals of company.
- Monitors and executes control of Region expenses such as travel, entertainment, advertising and promotion. Ensures expenses are within prescribed budgets.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Coordinates liaison between Region sales area and other sales related units.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications as needed to support sales efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Prepares both oral and written sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and other relevant statistics for the Region.
- Provides training to new representatives in the areas of sales skills, product demonstrations, and territory management.
- Works with other Region managers to ensure open communication and coordination of sales training efforts and corporate sales goals.
- Directly supervises several sales employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree Required, MBA preferred
- 2 or more years of sales management experience preferred
- 5 or more years previous medical sales / training / marketing experience required
- 3 or more years of Surgical Sales experience required
- Knowledge of medical device industry preferred
- Able to travel up to 50% of time. Valid driver’s license.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead and function effectively in a high performance team
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to motivate improvement in employee performance
- Coach and develop others using strong analytical, decision making and results orientation skills,
- Grow and lead teams
- Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions, manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
- Ability to manage budgets, expenses and execute plans, and communicate scientific/clinical features and benefits of a product.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation including podium skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Exceptional organization skills
- High degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment
Demonstrated (proven) experience:
- Interpersonal and client relationship skills,
- Sales Leadership - market shares gains and conversation of competitive accounts,
- Business Acumen - understanding of market dynamics, key business drivers, and marketing plan directives in a compliant manner, pricing decisions and price modeling, using IT automation, applications and mobile devices
Significant Work Activities: Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced