Want to have a thriving career? We OFFER that.
Ready to drive innovation? We OFFER that too.
Welcome to AbbVie!
At AbbVie, we offer you the resources and a global reach to empower your innovative mindset. From day one, we’ve known it takes teamwork and collaboration to develop the scientific breakthroughs, innovative pipelines, and therapies that change millions of patients’ lives around the world. In short, we know it takes “you” to make those ground-breaking advancements happen. We take pride in serving and supporting our communities and protecting the environment, making a lasting impact that's felt within healthcare and beyond.
We are now recruiting an Equipment Technician (Mechanical Fitter/Turner) to join our diverse Maintenance team in supporting our manufacturing operation in Westport, Co. Mayo.
You will work as part of a strong multi-disciplined technical team, working to key metrics in equipment up time, Health & Safety, Quality/Compliance, Customer Service (internal & external) and Cost. We have a strong emphasis on identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiency and our primary objective is the consistent supply of safe, first-class products to our customers.
Is this a team you want to be part of? Then read on…
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Carrying out preventative maintenance and repair of mechanical Services, Plant and Equipment; as well as respond to emergency machine breakdowns within the production environment
• Completing planned/unplanned maintenance on manufacturing, filling, and packaging equipment, using a Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM) approach
• Complying with all site Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training, and regulations.
• Identifying opportunities for improvements and efficiencies using Continuous Improvement and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques.
• Fault-finding across automatic, semi-automatic and batch manufacturing equipment.
• Supporting Machine and Equipment Effectiveness improvements and the set up of preventative routines for equipment
• Ensuring all equipment is repaired to the highest standards.
• Minimizing maintenance downtime, scheduling break in and identifying and eliminating workflow interrupters. Ensuring there is an effective response to emergencies and critical equipment breakdown
• Utilizing maintenance troubleshooting skills and tools
• Undertake other work that may be assigned to you from time to time, which may be outside the area of your normal duties.
Education and Experience:
• Trade Certified Mechanical Fitter/Turner
• Experience in GMP or other regulated environment and knowledge of required safety standards
• Strong ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Working knowledge of parenteral in pharmaceutical/biotech industries or aseptic processing.
• The ability to interpret pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and mechanical specifications
• Experience in the maintenance of electromechanical manufacturing equipment
So, does this all sound like the right role for you? Then come join Abbvie!
AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Job Type: Experienced