- Responsibilities of this engineering grade level inherently include and expand upon the responsibilities established for lower engineering grade levels.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable policies and procedures. Ensures quality and effectiveness of key results of major projects within function through sound design, early risk assessments, and implementation of fallback strategies. Has full awareness of the potential consequences (defects and failure modes) of design changes to established processes. Mitigates risk within functions through sound design, early risk assessments and implementation of fallback strategies.
- Identifies, plans, and conducts medium- to large-size projects within engineering specialty requiring custom, risk-managed execution plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
- Maintains project controls and reporting for cost, scope and schedule; develops execution strategy including procurement; balances multiple demands within an Understands the business needs of the company, and has a thorough knowledge of the customer and clinical needs when developing a project scope. Incorporates business foresight of emerging technological trends.
- Works with marketing, product development, and manufacturing to establish scope, priorities, and schedules on multiple projects. - Independently performs economic analysis and feasibility studies related to complex and often multiple competing project alternatives. Responsible for achieving the project's financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Analyzes business forces (customers, suppliers, competitors, technologies, government regulations) in major markets to identify trends and recommend responses. Independently executes, and/or directs others in the execution of: the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/facilities by applying novel engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the disciplines. experiments, often with multiple variables, gathers data, and performs detailed analysis. A
- Designs and leads complex experiments, often with multiple variables, gathers data, and performs detailed analysis. Assesses relevance. Conceptualizes complete solutions. Creates or coordinates the design solutions for novel or complex problems; integrates regulatory and operational needs; assesses cost benefit. Explores multiple alternatives. Structures studies and integrate cross-disciplinary and cross-functional issues to arrive at optimal cause of action.
- Applies technology in innovative ways. Combines technologies to anticipate or address customer needs; shares solutions across sites; employs proven solutions to increase effectiveness of engineering methodology or manufacturing process. Mentors others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Where appropriate, provides tasks/project assignment opportunities for employee development and evaluates performance. Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with both senior management and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Submits articles for internal or external publication. Acts as a trusted advisor. Balances bottom line objectives of a project with long-term interest of customer. Is identified as a Subject Matter Expert in the discipline. Participates in internal teams to develop and align procedures and standards. May influence validation strategy.
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, science, or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 8+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. A post-graduate education/degree is desired, and may contribute towards the desired years of experience.Has demonstrated competency within a discipline.
- Has a career history marked by a consistent series of technical contributions and accomplishments. Significant contribution to product or process development or improvement through creative application of technical effort will equally be recognized.
- Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors. Exercises judgment and advises management as to the appropriate actions.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, medical devices, pharmaceutical, biologics, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced