The Associate Director, Clinical Data Strategy and Operations, is a leader accountable for ensuring optimized data operations and delivery of high-quality data for AbbVie’s entire clinical trial portfolio. To this end, the Associate Director drives therapeutic- and program-level strategy and coordination of data operations technology, and processes to fulfill execution expectations. The Associate Director is a highly empowered leader, a decision-maker, and influencer – cross-functionally - across the assigned TAs/programs.
- Assists in the creation of TA/program strategy while also executing tactically. Supports interoperability across all internal CDSO functions and with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Works to break down barriers and provides an integrated, holistic view to stakeholders.
- Links needs to strategy
- Facilitates the creation and convergence of technologies used for clinical trial planning and oversight.
- Builds high-performing teams who focus on speed, quality, and agility as measurements of value
- Forms value-add, collaborative relationships with service providers
- Sponsors continuous improvement
- Coaches as a core competency
Qualifications - External
Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience. Preferred degrees include health, life science, mathematics, management information systems, business, or data analytics. Master’s degree is preferred.
Proven skill in therapeutic area and program strategy development and in converting strategy to execution of data collection and management
Ability to influence without direct authority
Considerable experience with obtaining and maintaining key support in a matrix environment
Exemplary communication and presentation skills
Record of successful direct people leadership or significant leadership in matrix environment
Significant Work Activities: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced