(Illinois, California, New Jersey and Massachusetts)
The Human Resource Manager will serve as the primary strategic partner to the business, developing HR strategies, needs assessments and resulting HR solutions. Ensure the effective “delivery” of all HR programs and services. Deliver HR results in the business, including client satisfaction, HR effectiveness and associated financial results. Establish, build and maintains strong relationships with key HR partners from all Practice Areas and Service Centers to ensure elements of HR are successfully coordinated to meet business needs; includes relationship management, leadership, HR roles/responsibilities, and service delivery commitments.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with key BHR partners globally, particularly where client groups are based. Partner with cross functional BHR on talent needs for function and employees to ensure open communication, understanding and that business needs and concerns are addressed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Develop proposals and recommendations to resolve strategically important issues affecting a major business segment.
- Prioritize critical projects based on business need and available resources.
- Manage and leverage human and financial resources within scope of delivered project services while supporting a major segment of the business.
- Facilitate, implement and model change. Ensure that day-to-day activities are moving forward.
- Champion AbbVie Ways of Working with leaders by modeling, educating and coaching on these behaviors.
- Ensure appropriate amount of resource planning is accounted for by the Practice and Service Centers to support the needs of the respective business segment.
- Responsible for managing business needs of multiple senior leadership teams. Know the Business.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Project management or business experience.
- Significant breadth of understanding of functional HR roles and responsibilities and impact on the business.
- Master’s degree preferred, or equivalent.
- SPHR Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting the business preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of organizational development activity preferred
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced