The Platform Business System Owner is an expert in Dev Sci Enterprise data systems as they are applied to Dev Sci workflows and dataflows. He/she will partner with Information Research, data system vendors and contract staff/consultants to develop workflow templates, custom fields & calculations and other functionality in Core Enterprise Data Systems (incl. eLN, EMPOWER Chromatography Data System, CMC LIMS, Spectrus Platform, R-LIMS, etc.) to support Dev Sci business needs. Serves as the voice of scientists and Dev Sci system users regarding system issues and enhancements required to enable current & new data & digital capabilities, provides system user training to support new system implementations and upgrades, helps scientists troubleshoot data system issues to enable and improve Dev Sci workflows and data flows.
- Supports user requirements engineering in partnership with Dev Sci functions. Consults regarding suitability of a given business platform (“as-is”, “enhanced”) and “buy vs. build” decisions in alignment with the over-arching Dev Sci data- and systems architecture.
- Closely interacts with business platform vendors (together with BTS / IR IT System Owner) and keeps up to date with new developments. Responsible for life cycle management (update, upgrade, enhancement) of a given business platform from a functional perspective.
- Demonstrates the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise.
- Understands and adheres to corporate standards of data integrity, data system validation and information security as appropriate.
- Maintains a strong expertise across multiple core Dev Sci business platform systems to maximize impact & flexibility of the team.
- Drives use of Agile methodology to ensure efficient systems and applications development that puts prototype solutions into the hands of Dev Sci scientists with rapid iteration of further enhancements.
- May mentor/supervise a team of one or more contractors; is accountable for the effective performance of the team/individuals.
- Actively participates in communities and user groups outside of Abbvie to learn best practices from vendors and industry peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 12 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience, PhD and typically 4 years of experience.
- Background and experience in core Dev Sci business platforms including one or more of the following: eLN, EMPOWER Chromatography Data System, CMC LIMS, Spectrus Platform, R-LIMS and/or other relevant laboratory and manufacturing data systems.
- The ideal candidate brings a blend of strong scientific experience in the biotech/pharma industry and excellent IT skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Key Stakeholders: Dev Sci scientists & leaders, Digital Transformation Use Case teams, Information Research partners
An internal application always requires a certain degree of transparency. So please remember when you want to inform the current manager about it.
If there is any uncertainty on this subject, your BHR Partner, Talent Acquisition and colleagues on the Works Council will also be available for information.
Salary: The position is remunerated with AT (depending on qualification and experience)
Job Type: Experienced