This position will develop, implement, and maintain global EHS programs and provide technical expertise to AbbVie’s global internal manufacturing organization with an emphasis supporting the Internal Manufacturing sites.
- Develop and maintain EHS Global standards, policies, systems, and programs applicable to area of responsibility
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical and support staff in area of responsibility
- Ensure systems are in place to enable area of responsibility to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS Long range plan
- Authority to represent AbbVie externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional and global EHS regulations and practices for area of responsibility
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly EHS performance reports to area management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 12 years of EHS related experience or Master’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 – 10 years of EHS related experience. EHS related experience in manufacturing or R&D environments are required. Experience in a chemical plant operations or Oil and Gas environments is preferred, but not required.
- EHS or Engineering professional certification is highly preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations, and managing cross functional teams
Patients, Company employees, direct reports, company management, cross functional teams, global regulatory authorities, and external organizations
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives. Technical expertise in the EHS functions as well as technical writing and business communications.
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict
- Ability to successfully manage project and programs.
Significant Work Activities: N/A
Job Type: Experienced