As our Associate Director Business Excellence Allergan Aesthetics you will develops, recommend and deliver initiatives to maximize the impact and efficiency and effectiveness of the Sales and Marketing departments. This role is a key member of the country Leadership Team, responsible for mentoring and managing the staff working in SFE, Training, Trade Channel and BI functions to deliver an effective service across the business.
You work closely with associate Sales Director and associate Marketing Director to ensure effective communication and adoption of best practice and processes to enable optimal deployment of sales resources. You ensure direct reports are trained and capable to execute country tasks and can deliver effectively on initiatives. The role is responsible for defining of commercial strategies, routes to market analysis and any other commercial initiatives that drive domestic revenues. The role will also liase with, Regional and International commercial excellence.
- Customer Segmentation/Targeting and Territory Optimization
- Research, develop and define the strategy to profile, segment and target Allergan’s customers managing the implementation of projects, identifying and communicating best practice and measuring success of approaches.
- Work with associate Sales Director and Sales Managers to set direction for sales management that will ensure salesforce effort is targeted to highest value customers aligned with business strategy and that KPIs are identified to track sales team performance.
- Run projects to identify optimal and compliant coverage of key business accounts and target customer groups and collaborate with sales management to ensure resources are deployed across the Product Line/Country effectively to maximize the impact of the sales teams.
- Lead re-design of territory structures as required to ensure optimal coverage of key customers.
- Assess impact of new sales processes and the value of deploying sales team in different ways.
- Develop the key metrics that are used to track sales team performance and ensure systems and reports are in place to track metrics
- Maintain familiarity with current trends in salesforce deployment for the Aesthetics industry including understanding of how different models can deliver key business objectives.
- Salesforce Bonus/Incentive Design
- Work with the Region to shape and develop annual incentive schemes ensuring schemes are aligned to regional strategy and policy and are fair and motivational. Test and implement.
- Ensure local bonus policies are understood and paid correctly in country, providing support as needed to ensure correct management of sales bonus for accurate calculations and payments to be made.
- Sales Operations and Business Intelligence
- Lead and develop BE and Training roles to ensure they support delivery of business strategy. Provide input to the structure and requirements of these roles/teams ensuring suitable training is provided and Allergan systems are understood and fully utilized.
- Lead the implementation of significant BI projects, working with relevant team members to ensure ongoing adoption and effectiveness of initiatives is delivered. Ensure individuals are responsible for and fully understand their local plans and deliverables.
- Drive accurate and timely reporting by BI ensuring effective working processes are in place to meet requirements of all business units.
- Support selection and recruitment of sales operations resource and coordinate with HR and General Manager ensuring appropriate skills and capabilities are demonstrated.
- Represent the country on regional Board and lead/participate in workstreams. Inform lead team about regional and international commercial excellence initiatives and relevance to the business.
- Trade Channel & Pricing
- Development and implementation of commercial policies to maximize domestic revenue and ensure best practice is adopted
- Ensure that commercial policies are developed in line with the changing competitor and market environment
- Identify opportunities to increase domestic revenue and market share from new or amended trading routes
- Manage relationship with targeted pharmacy/wholesaler accounts. Responsible for negotiation and supervision of any agreements
- Tracking of performance and ensure adherences to any commercial agreements
- Research and recommend training interventions to improve capability of sales teams and sales managers that will deliver improved selling and account management performance.
- Work with Training Manager to develop a capability development plan supported by the commercial leadership and sales management teams, and ensure effective implementation.
Education and Experience
- University degree or equivalent, further qualification an advantage
- Experience in senior/second line sales management preferred
- Experience in sales intelligence / salesforce effectiveness / operation / analytics preferably within a Pharmaceutical or Healthcare company
- Able to engage and influence stakeholders to ensure the best cross-functional thinking and results
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies (includes Licences, Credentials)
- Strong business and financial acumen
- People Management and coaching capability
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Demonstrated high level of analytical skills
- Executive presence and strategic capabilities as part of the leadership team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all levels of employees.
- Positive attitude and passion for working within the Aesthetic field
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced