Conceive, design, engineer, and implement data and software solutions that solve significant scientific or business problems. Generate new proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, and implement state-of-the-art technology platforms that drive productivity and efficiency gains in own function and throughout multiple business areas. Act as a lead in his/her area of expertise and critically evaluate relevant technological advances and integrate this knowledge into new business technology solutions. Technology Architects will be aligned to a specific area: Information, Solution, System, User Experience (UX) or Data
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Work closely with other Enterprise Architects and Technical Architects in resolving complex enterprise IT architectural issues, mitigate risks, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
- Provide guidance in the areas of SAP Life Science process guidance and validation to consultants.
- Understands organization's vision, goals, and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates, and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Define templates, standards, and patterns to be used across project teams.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages work performed by external consultants.
- Operates within well-defined expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years experience; Master's Degree with 7 years experience; PhD with 3 years experience. Experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle, client area’s functions and systems, and systems application program development technological alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a principle investigator, generating original technical ideas and software development strategies. Demonstrated creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult technical problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills, as demonstrated by presenting at leading scientific or technical conferences.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
Esperienze professionali significative: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Tipo di contratto: Experienced