Want to make a global impact? We offer that
Ready to be recognized as a leader? We offer that too
Welcome to AbbVie!
AbbVie employees work every single day to discover and address many of the world's most pressing health challenges. Our work helps people live better lives. When you have patients depending on your solutions, you look for the best people and, when we find them, we make it our business to treat them well.
We are currently sourcing a high caliber Manufacturing Manager to join our extended leadership team in our Ballytivnan site in Sligo. Reporting to the Operations & Engineering Manager (Devices), this position has been identified as a key talent pipeline role that will be leveraged to identify future leaders for local and international career opportunities.
Does this intrigue you? then read on.....
Here's a snapshot of your key responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and mentor a team of manufacturing supervisors and technicians dedicated to delivering safe, high quality products to our customers
- Ensuring the manufacturing devices operation meets its customer service, financial, quality, safety, and inventory management goals through the effective management of resources
- Ownership of the production volumes, scheduling and ensuring budgets and costs remain within financial plan
- Build an inclusive team and culture; developing your team to provide future group leaders and supervisors.
- Partnering with Quality to support successful external and internal audits
- Working closely with the Engineering team to ensure continuity of production and troubleshooting any technical issues that may arise
- Aligning with Supply Chain and Quality functions on priorities and implement agreed operational plans.
- Providing Operational expertise for commercial manufacturing during development of new products, manage timelines and resources
- Identifying and supporting the technical development of continuous improvement projects
Still intrigued? For this role, you will have:
- A 3rd level Degree in engineering, science, or relevant discipline with 5 + years experience in a GMP manufacturing environment (medical devices, pharma or biopharma with experience in manual assembly, automation, molding and electronics preferred)
- Strong leadership experience, building and growing teams with 5 + years people leadership experience
So ready to be an AbbVie leader? Apply today!
It’s important to remember, AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop innovative solutions for patients and being part of an inclusive work environment.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced