Our talented, highly, clinically experienced oncology nurse educators keep patients at the center by supporting allied health care professionals with education and resources important for patient management.
It is an exciting time to join AbbVie’s growing oncology team as we pursue our mission to have a remarkable impact on the lives of people affected by cancer. Come join an inclusive AbbVie oncology culture that fosters trust in each other, growth in ourselves and our organization, and joy in what we do! Abbvie Oncology offers you immense opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your goals. Hear directly from our AbbVie Oncology colleagues to learn more about our culture, growth opportunities, and what makes AbbVie Oncology a great place to work! https://www.abbvie.com/usoncologycareers
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) will be responsible for proactively engaging with allied healthcare professionals to provide product and disease education, in support of before, during and after patient management on approved therapies. The ONE will focus on providing ongoing education and resources related to patient management, dosing and administration, and side effect management. The ONE will collaborate with other field teams within ways of working guidelines to ensure education support for allied healthcare clinicians.
The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) interacts with allied healthcare clinicians in key targeted accounts and provide clinical in-services and education. The ONE identifies educational needs and expands disease state awareness, initiating and managing patients on a therapy, understanding of symptom management and appropriate patient identification through these educational interactions within a defined geographical region.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Primarily conducts in-person engagements with the healthcare community within the territory, with virtual interactions when requested or required.
- This individual works collaboratively as a cross functional partner with other regional field colleagues.
- Evaluate customers educational needs.
- Provide relevant disease state education to Allied Health Care Clinicians.
- Educate Allied Health Care Clinicians on appropriate patient identification and role of Venclexta in the treatment of CLL.
- Identify key Allied Health Care Clinicians in targeted accounts.
- Provide support for local Patient Advocacy groups and meetings.
- Attend and support relevant conferences and meetings (national/regional/local).
- Document customer interactions and educational activities and manage allocated resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing/PA required; Masters in PA, NP, or CNS preferred
- Current active HCP license
- 7+ years clinical oncology/hematology experience. Recent clinical Hematology experience required
- Experience in academic and/or community oncology practice working with Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Experience and relationships with health care clinicians within assigned region preferred.
- Up to 50% travel required with the ability to travel regionally & nationally
- Flexible work schedule required to meet the needs of target customers which may include:
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work autonomously with efficient time management
- A passion for patients is essential
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Strong presentation skills
- Intermediate computer skills required (must be comfortable with basic software programs such as powerpoint, word, excel etc)
Applicable to California Applicants Only
· The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California.
This range may be modified in the future.
· The salary range is (minimum: $ 96,000 to maximum: $ 188,000)
· This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program
· This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs
· We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
- Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.