A career in which you can achieve more? We Offer That.
Looking for challenges where you can grow? We Offer That.
A career where all your skills can come into play? We Offer That.
Welcome to AbbVie! As part of an international company with 48,000 employees worldwide and around 3,000 employees in Germany, you will have the opportunity to work closely with us to address the health challenges of tomorrow. Do you have a passion for improving health care around the world and for using your expertise to improve patients' quality of life? In a challenging work environment that allows you to broaden and develop your own skills? You’ve found the right place!
Further develop your expertise and join our team as
Director Overarching Projects
in Ludwigshafen am Rhein.
The Director Overarching Projects plays a major role to ensure alignment of development activities across all four areas of Biologics-CMC namely Drug Substance, Drug Product, Analytical as well as Device Development across all geographic sites.
- Leads a matrix team of international leaders from all Biologics-CMC sites to ensure seamless collaboration and horizontal alignment of all four areas of Biologics-CMC on all levels
- Develops and aligns overarching development strategies as well as related framework and infrastructure across all four areas of the newly formed Biologics-CMC organization
- Carries global responsibility for development of holistic and efficient Drug Substance/Drug Product Quality Risk Management and seamless connection with Device QRM
- Translates and aligns individual functional platform approaches into holistic default Biologics CMC development strategy that is scalable and customizable to therapeutic area and stage of development
- Global responsibility for development of holistic and efficient Drug Substance/Drug Product/Device Control Strategy approaches for early and late stage clinical and commercial development
- Provides structure and alignment along the development path in all areas – defines deliverables and linkages between areas. Ensures the right discussions are happening at the right time to make the best decisions for projects
- Conceives, manages and drives execution of strategic cross-functional scientific, efficiency as well as culture projects and initiatives across Biologics-CMC
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and environmental requirements. Is always informed of developments in the global technical, regulatory and compliance arena and industry practices.
- Conceives and manages cross-functional process improvement projects with Business Excellence and external partners across all four areas and with external interfaces – e.g. acceleration projects that span all areas of NBE-CMC
- Conceives and initiates projects to drive ONE Biologics-CMC culture
This is how you can make a difference:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 years of experience in all relevant CMC functions required namely formulation, process development, container closure system development as well as device development; Master’s Degree with at least 10 years of relevant CMC experience required; or PhD with at least 8 years of relevant CMC experience required to effectively manage global teams and all CMC activities with respect to science, technology, quality, regulatory/compliance requirements and resources.
- Excellent communication, leadership and influencing skills, superior team building and team management skills in a matrixed environment
- Proven track record with respect to process improvements/optimizations in a complex multi-site international organization
- Must have a good working knowledge of regulatory requirements including Quality Risk Management and familiarity with relevant research instrumentation and techniques throughout all relevant areas, formulation, analytical, manufacturing process and container closure system development as well as devices.
- Expert knowledge of pharmaceutical sciences and the drug and device development process.
- Must possess superior presentation & scientific writing skills.
- Must have CMC interdisciplinary experience and expertise.
- Creative in implementing entrepreneurial thinking and make smart business decisions. Excels in agility, accountability and motivation
- Ensures superior team performance maintaining high level of morale and culture in the CMC team.
What we offer you:
- a diverse area of work where you can make a real difference
- an open company culture
- attractive remuneration
- intensive onboarding by a mentor
- flexible work models for a healthy work-life balance
- corporate health management with comprehensive health and exercise programs
- corporate social benefits
- diverse career options in an international organization
- high-level, attractive career development opportunities
- a strong international network
At AbbVie, your individual contributions count – help us achieve more together. Be a part of it and grow with us – go above and beyond!
Sounds like the perfect career opportunity for you? We look forward to receiving your application. All you need is a complete CV – anything else will be discussed in person, where possible, if general suitability is determined.
Have questions? Email us at TalentAcquisition.email@example.com – we look forward to hearing from you!
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.