- Operations and Maintenance of AbbVie’s global security and network environment,
- Major network and L3 customer incident fault resolution
- Ensure appropriate monitoring is implemented for network equipment
- Focus on end user experience, taking the extra step so that users can get the most from their services
- Provide escalation support for network operations center staff, sales, deployment and other business units
- Work in technical teams in a multi-vendor environment through Major Incident Response situation where required
- Maintain technical relationships with vendors and internal engineering teams
- Coordination with AbbVie Partners and IT Service Supplier related to infrastructure and services
- Support security aspects of business & IT initiatives by assisting in architecture, design, implementation, deployment, and operational transition of innovative & secure technology solutions.
- Working within a global team, but within German time zone and local business hours
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in the field of IT
- Knowledge of networking such as LAN (routing, switching, WLAN), WAN (MPLS - routing, switching), VPN infrastructure, and network security (firewall and IPS/IDS)
- Knowledge of cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure.
- Proactive and self-motivated work ethic
- Experience with Check Point, Palo Alto and Cisco components.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and in global, cross-functional, teams
- Passion for IT technology, as well as using it to solve problems.
- Willingness to travel for business within EMEA and to USA (0-10% of working hours).
- Willingness to work extended hours in the event of major network disruptions, including weekends if necessary.
- Understanding of complex IT security and network setups in a global context.
- Fluency in German and English, both written and spoken.
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Type: Experienced