For the NBE Analytical R&D Department in Development Sciences at AbbVie’s Ludwigshafen site, we are seeking a lab scientist focused on the mass spectrometric characterization of biologics (mAbs, ADCs etc.) with high personal responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity to join our motivated and dynamic team for an experienced scientist with a deep understanding of the relevant software and instrumentation.
- Independently design, execute and interpret critical MS experiments to answer scientific questions.
- Understand the broad objectives of our projects as well as their own role in achieving those objectives.
- Modify experimental plans when required, to respond, learn, understand and master new experimental techniques and protocols, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Support our pipeline projects by mass spectrometric analyses.
- Set and meet experimental timelines.
- Effectively organize and present scientific plans and data.
- Routinely read and apply relevant scientific literature and impact projects mostly through lab-based activities where applicable.
- Contribute to conceptual framework and writing of publications, presentations, and patents.
- Enrich our group through open and critical scientific discussions.
- You hold a Bachelor or equivalent degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, pharmacy or related field and usually at least 7 years of professional experience or a Master of Science or equivalent degree and at least 5 years of professional experience in mass spectrometry. Alternatively, you hold a PhD without professional experience.
- You have strong experience in the control and in the daily maintenance of high-resolution mass spectrometers (QTOF or Orbitrap)
- Experience in comprehensive characterization of monoclonal antibodies in industry or academia is a plus (e.g. peptide mapping, intact mass analysis)
- You are skilled to analyze and present data in broader context and eager to defend data during scientific debate
- Additional protein analytical experience (e.g. SEC, IEX, HIC, CE) is beneficial
- As a highly motivated, self-driven and results-oriented person with excellent communication and presentation skills you are driven by innovative ways of thinking to improve processes, methods, systems, products or services
- As a global acting company we presume excellent communication skills, including written and oral English and German
Job Type: Experienced